|TelForce Group is looking for a Directional Drilling Locator in the Bloomington, IL area. This is a full time, direct hire position.
The Directional Drilling Locator position is a locator who will work with a driller to install conduit and cable underground using horizontal directional drilling equipment and locating devices. In addition, the Locator and the Driller will work together to install handholes, flower pots, pedestals and row signs and cable as required. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned. This position requires field work which may include overtime, weekends, holidays and off hours and working in inclement weather. Travel will be required depending on the needs of business.
Directional Drilling Locator Description:
• Responsible for locating the drill head during drilling operations
• Operate various digging equipment, assist the driller with operation of the drill
• Install handholes, flower pots and other OSP devices
• Openly share knowledge with other company departments
• Accurately complete progress forms, project activity reports and all other documentation pertaining to work assignments
• Safely work in streets and alleys as well as other work conditions including manholes, ditches and other excavations
• Operate crew vehicles, drilling equipment, vactron equipment, various equipment and conduit trailers, backhoe/mini-excavator, core drilling equipment and other tools and equipment normally used in horizontal directional drilling activities
• Familiar with proper safety equipment and instruct new trainees in the proper use of the equipment and installation per the design
• Follows OSHA, NESC and company safety regulations and precautions when completing assigned work
Directional Drilling Locator Qualifications:
• High school diploma or the equivalent is required. HDD training is desirable
• Minimum of 3 years as a horizontal directional drilling locator
• CDL or ability to obtain a CDL is desirable
• Safe work history
• Ability to read and interpret OSP maps and designs
• Knowledge of NESC, OSHA, and related state and local codes
• Ability to use a laptop or tablet to send and receive e-mail and complete production reports etc.
• Strong planning, organizational, and follow up skills
• Good analytical and communication skills, sound judgment, and the ability to work effectively with multiple department staffs
• Ability to recognize priority issues and escalate accordingly
• Ability to learn new processes and procedures
Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to email@example.com. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Colby at 615.915.3119.