|TelForce Group is looking for a Temporary GIS Support Specialist in the Pittsburgh, PA area.
Responsible for collecting analyzing and interpreting geographic data. Research, study, and prepare maps and other spatial data in digital or graphic form. Responsible for the development and maintenance of geospatial databases and converts data received from internal and external sources to make them usable in the GIS.
Temporary GIS Support Specialist Description:
• Support GIS efforts for company wide data distribution.
• Provide input to the design and management of GIS databases, tools, and applications.
• Integrate existing data from a variety of internal and external sources into the GIS database.
• Utilize quality control procedures to ensure data accuracy.
• Provide input to GIS workflow documentation.
• Create presentation quality maps to support the business.
• Maintains and updates geographic and attribute files, records, documents, and maps.
• Maintains and performs syncing of multiple relational databases and corresponding ArcGIS Server Services for applications utilizing web services.
• Provide technical assistance for GIS, including specialized applications, for supported department.
Temporary GIS Support Specialist Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in a related field
• GISCI or ESRI certifications preferred
• One (1) to Three (3) years’ experience in the GIS field
• One (1) to Three (3) years’ experience with ESRI products
• Knowledge of the telecommunications/wireless industry
• Knowledge of GIS tools such as ESRI, Google Earth Pro, and Street Atlas
• Working knowledge of IT systems, architecture, and terminology
• Customer service orientation with a strong problem solving approach
• Knowledge of database management and/or SQL
• Some Model Builder and Python knowledge or a keen interest and ability to learn them
• Basic knowledge and experience of ESRI, Spatial Analyst, and Raster Statistics
• Ability to manage and process multiple data streams
• Knowledge of GIS data sets: Segmentation, Census bureau, Mosaik Solutions, ESRI, Traffic data, Imagery data, and FCC Data Sets
Candidates must be at least 18 years old and be able to pass a Background, Drug and DMV screening to be considered for all job openings. Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to email@example.com. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Sonia at 269.330.0661.