MOBILE APP DEVELOPER (ANDROID)
Walnut Creek, CA
Please note: agency candidates are not being accepted for this role
Mobilitie is the largest privately held wireless infrastructure company in the United States. Connectivity is a vital component of daily life, and Mobilitie works with wireless carriers and venues to ensure our customers are better connected. Mobilitie is a leader in the wireless industry, and has been rated one of the largest and fastest growing private companies by the Orange County Business Journal. Mobilitie owns and operates cell towers, DAS, small cell, fiber networks, and Wi-Fi systems and advises carriers on network operations, performance and improvement opportunities. As a global provider of complete wireless solutions, we design, build and operate networks and infrastructure to deliver optimal coverage in the most demanding and challenging of environments.
Rated as one of the Top 100 Technology Providers by Broadband Communities, Mobilitie is on the forefront of mobile technology and growing rapidly. At Mobilitie you will have the opportunity for a rewarding career in telecommunications, focusing on solutions that deliver the coverage needed in today’s world and that anticipate the needs of tomorrow. We are currently seeking highly motivated and dynamic individuals to join the Mobilitie team and the largest network deployment initiative in the US.
Our client is currently in need of a Mobile App Developer (Android). You will be part of a new team being setup to build and launch a new exciting service within the organization. We are looking for the brightest developers to join us for this great opportunity. Team will be working in a startup mode with the latest technology to deploy a state-of-the-art service. We are looking for experienced individuals with design and coding experience, who can carry ideas/concepts through the analyzes and evaluation then develop, test, deploy and support complex software systems. To be a productive member of the team, you’ll need experience with scaling systems and cloud technology to support services in the mobile environment is a must.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design and build advanced applications for the Android platform
- Collaborate with server teams to define, design, and ship new services
- Work with outside data sources and API’s
- Test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field required
- Three or more (3+) years of experience with agile software development
- Self-starter, ability to gather requirements and provide solution
- Proven software development experience
- Proven working experience in Android development
- Have published at least one original Android app
- Experience with Android SDK
- Experience working with remote data via Network connection to servers over TCP
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
Mobilitie offers an attractive compensation and benefits package and the opportunity to be part of an exciting and fast paced organization. If you are interested in working in the exciting and growing world of telecommunications real estate, please submit an application at Mobilitie’s Careers page!
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Mobilitie is an equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans)
Visit our website at www.mobilitie.com!