|TelForce Group is looking for a Network Operations Technician about an hour south of Sacramento, CA. This is a full time, direct hire position.
The Network Operations Technician is responsible for the design and performance of the service provider network. Must have experience in Layer 2 switching, VOIP networks and an understanding of layer 3.
Network Operations Technician Description:
• Planning and designing Central Office network infrastructure, troubleshooting, installing, implementing and administering network systems and providing Tier III technical support
• Researches, designs and advocates new voice/data technologies, architectures, and products that will support requirements for our customers
• Identify, test, diagnose, and resolves communications systems performance problems in a multi-technology environment
• Handle a variety of projects with a high degree of complexity
• Interact with vendors to resolve communications equipment and network system issues
• Designs technical solutions and coordinates system build activities for voice/data connectivity and configures related network switches, OLTs, DSLAMS and voice gateways
• Analyzes network activity and network problems to discover and prevent systematic errors
• Recommends network design changes/enhancements for improved systems availability and performance
• Works closely with management in developing procurement requirements and service contracts by providing technical support during contract bidding, negotiation, and award processes
• Provides general systems training to the Network Operations team
• Serves as subject matter expert in broadband technologies
• Proactively communicate about opportunities, expectations, timelines, risks, and issues
• Performs knowledge transfer to other members of the Network Operations team and other departments.
• Responsible for driving network-related maintenance activities like software and hardware upgrades
• Test and validate all new hardware and connections for proper configuration and performance
• As part of an on-call/standby rotation, respond to after-hours call-out for service restoration, troubleshooting, network testing and repair of all necessary equipment
• Ability to quickly triage network issues and bring to resolution by assessing staff inputs, and creatively implementing workarounds or alternative methods
• Ability to drive R&D projects and develop solutions to complex engineering problems
Network Operations Technician Qualifications:
• 5+ years supporting a broadband access network as a Central Office Technician or NetOps Tech
• Calix, Adtran, Cisco and Metaswitch experience is a plus or any other related network devices
• SONET and TDM experience is a plus
• Demonstrates an in-depth knowledge of network standards – DNS, TCP/IP, SNMP, SIP, DHCP and Firewalls
• Desire and ability to quickly learn new technologies, think independently, see multiple possibilities and get to the best answer
• Demonstrated ability to work productively with little direct supervision and a sense of ownership
• Ability to effectively prioritize multiple tasks
• Strong documentation skills for network diagrams, test plans and other related records
• Organizational and mentoring skills
Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to email@example.com. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Taylor at 602.907.3098.