DAS DESIGN ENGINEER SME
Mobilitie is the largest privately held wireless infrastructure company in the United States. Connectivity is a vital component of daily life, and Mobilitie works with wireless carriers and venues to ensure our customers are better connected. Mobilitie is a leader in the wireless industry, and has been rated one of the largest and fastest growing private companies by the Orange County Business Journal. As a global provider of complete wireless solutions through our professional services organization, Mobilitie’s Advanced Technology Group is now servicing our IT and Engineering enterprise clients, building innovative technical solutions to deliver optimal results with our consultative and customer centric approach.
At Mobilitie you will have the opportunity to join the Advanced Technology Group for a rewarding career with the unique opportunity to work on large enterprise projects from infrastructure, big data and cloud engineering to new product development, mobile development and responsive design at our Fortune 500 clients. We are currently seeking highly motivated and dynamic individuals to join our growing team and we want to catapult your career!
Our Advanced Technology Group at Mobilitie is currently seeking a DAS Design Engineer to join our enterprise client on a long term DAS inbuilding design project. Responsible for system design and planning for indoor DAS and Small Cell projects in strategic venues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The RF Engineer Contractor will be responsible for system design and planning for indoor DAS and Small Cell projects in strategic venues across clients licensed coverage area.
- The RF Engineer Contractor will develop coverage and capacity solutions to deliver superior customer experiences for a variety of locations such as sports venues, shopping malls, hospitality and convention centers, hospitals, universities, office spaces, and transit systems. Solutions will include location assessment, requirements gathering, RF design, technology selection, implementation, integration, and optimization.
- The Engineer Contractor will interface with national and regional engineering teams, field operations, third party DAS providers, development teams, and venue owners.
- The RF Engineer must use creativity and sound judgment to provide the proper design and optimization of the portion of the network assigned to them.
- The RF Engineer also has flexibility in managing their workflow on a daily basis. They need to use their discretion on how much time to spend on a task based on the priority set by management.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology or equivalent technical degree; or equivalent work experience required
- Five or more (5+) years as a RF Engineer or related position
- Three or more (3+) years hands-on iBwave design experience required
- Must have recent DAS Design and optimization experience, prefer DAS commissioning experience as well.
- Expert understanding of indoor RF propagation principles, cellular theory, RF engineering tools and antenna theory.
- Experience with various active DAS OEMs
<>Mobilitie offers an attractive compensation and benefits package and the opportunity to be part of an exciting and fast paced organization. If you are interested in working in the exciting and growing world of telecommunications real estate, please submit an application at Mobilitie’s Careers page!
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
<>Mobilitie is an equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans)
Visit our website at www.mobilitie.com!