|TelForce Group is looking for I&R Technicians in the Tallahassee, FL area. This is a contract-to-hire position.
I&R Technician Description:
• Perform all phases of installation and repair of cooper and fiber-based subscriber premises, small business equipment including full install DSL/VDSL, multi-line phones and basic cable trouble.
• Install, change, troubleshoot/repair and disconnect client services including video, data and telephone
• Perform basic troubleshooting at time of installation and on scheduled service calls
• Educate customers regarding new and existing services and describes the advantage of and sells other services to meet customer needs
• Buries drops, locates lines and performs service audits
• Determines customer’s current service levels, inquire about customer preferences and needs and recommends service upgrades or additional products
• Resolves and escalates customer complaints as needed
• Installs new services and equipment for subscribers by installing telephone or fiber cables, station protections and network interface devices. Wires new systems using appropriate tools.
• Splices cables, measures signal strength using electronic equipment.
• Connects twisted pair Digital Loop Carrier channels to Telephone Distribution cable at the field cross connect or remote office.
• Find and fix twisted pair problems, when troubleshooting or installing.
• Inspect or test lines or cables to assess transmission characteristics and locate faults.
• Responsible for proper maintenance of tools or test equipment.
• Determines necessary repairs which may include repairing wiring, station protectors, ground connections, running new wires and replacing jacks, lids and pedestals as needed.
• Completes all installation and repair related forms and reports.
• Install set-top boxes and cable modems.
• Using test instrumentation validate service levels to meet engineering and company standards.
• May confer with customers to further determine problems and acceptable resolutions.
• May be required to perform duties after normal business hours.
• Works outside in all weather conditions.
• May work in small spaces or at elevated heights.
• Use small hand tools, power tools, meters and other test equipment
• Performs all other related duties as assigned by management.
I&R Technician Qualifications:
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• 1 to 2 years of telecommunications school or equivalent work experience in the installation and maintenance of telecommunication equipment.
• Must be able to install, cable and terminate to connecting blocks.
• Ability to test and turn up.
• Must be capable of performing all work activities with minimal supervision or direction.
• Ability to perform all installation activities for the assigned project (power, grounding, labeling, running and forming cables and fibers, installation of equipment, cross-connects).
• Ability to operate and understand all telecom tools to complete projects.
• Understand and follow a Method of Procedures (MOP).
• Knowledge of basic electronics, specification sheets and circuit diagrams.
• Knowledge of telecommunications plant equipment operations and maintenance.
• Knowledge of local exchange distribution network facilities.
• Knowledge of company products and services as well as company policies and procedures.
• Skill in operating service equipment including various hand tools and testing equipment.
• Ability to communicate with co-workers and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
• Ability to improve or redesign procedures for specific installation/repair problems.
• Basic computer and problem-solving skills.
• Communicate effectively with customers.
• Work independently with minimal supervision and as a team player.
Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to email@example.com. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Taylor at 602.907.3098.