|TelForce Group is looking for a Make Ready Engineer in the Kansas City, KS area.
Contract to hire opportunity. The Make Ready Engineering Design Lead functions as a technical specialist or in a lead role. Under general supervision, performs all aspects of conventional design engineering and analysis. Broadens knowledge and skill set in area of discipline. May start to expand knowledge in other disciplines and/or functional areas.
Make Ready Engineer Description:
• Ideal candidates will be experienced in Make Ready (MRE) design of aerial copper and fiber optic cable onto utility power poles (distribution).
• Technical knowledge and understanding of right of way and easements is required.
• Advanced knowledge of aerial construction, including span lengths, pole loading, anchoring, guying, and attachment heights, as well as familiarity with joint use regulations are all a plus.
• Position requires the capability to manage subordinate project personnel.
• Manage development of permit and construction plans.
• Attend company and client status meetings.
• Must have experience in power pole make ready design and construction, materials and the costs associated with make ready construction and power pole replacements.
• Must have an in depth knowledge of National Electric Safety code (NESC) and pole loading analysis.
• Must have an in depth knowledge of pole loading analysis data collecting techniques and pole loading analysis software.
• Must be able to read, decipher and understand various power company schematic diagrams and construction drawings.
• Must understand Power Company’s material ordering systems (i.e. STORMS) and other variations of material ordering systems.
• Candidate will be required to evaluate a large number of problematic power poles and various situations from multiple sources and make a determination of the problem and provide a solution and resolution.
• Candidate must be familiar with National databases i.e. NJUNS and others.
• Candidate must be familiar with third party attachers, communications, CATV and other pole attachers and must provide solutions and guidance for re-positioning of third party attachers on a power pole.
• Candidate will be required to mentor and train less experienced personnel.
Make Ready Engineer Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree in engineering technology or sciences preferred or any other degree, specialized training, or experience, that makes the individual uniquely qualified to perform the job responsibilities.
• Basic knowledge of engineering design principles and applicable design guides and standards related to assigned engineering discipline.
• Basic industry knowledge and technology trends.
• Basic knowledge of company quality program.
• Basic knowledge of construction & constructability practices & principles.
Candidates must be at least 18 years old and be able to pass a Background, Drug and DMV screening to be considered for all job openings. Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to email@example.com. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Sonia at 269.330.0661.