|TelForce Group is looking for a NOC Specialist in the Evansville, IN area.
The successful NOC Specialist will perform network surveillance to maintain integrity of the company’s Business’ production network. They will make fact based recommendations for improvements to the surveillance Systems when needed. The role of the NOC Technician is to ensure the reliability of the company’s network that serves our clients by providing support that will promote the health and stability of the network. The NOC Specialist I or II works cross-functionally with internal resources, equipment vendors and facility providers to resolve issues in our deployed infrastructure.
NOC Specialist Description:
• Monitor Core IP, Softswitch (MetaSwitch) and associated equipment supporting the company’s hosted and managed services.
• Timely detection of network impacting events.
• Timely Detection of network events on Business networks where the company has obligation based on custom contract commitments.
• Perform fault analysis, isolation and remediation in switching, digital, optical, and other technologies.
• Perform incident management functions for all core network events.
• Document all alerts and actions taken in a variety of systems and tools
• Provide general knowledge of the company’st= Communications products and services.
• Provide Single Point of Contact duties for high-risk & service impacting events.
• Interface with customers, engineers, vendors and technicians to resolve trouble reports.
• Provide technical assistance for service partners and ILEC technicians during service impacting network events.
• Carrier grade device and network management i.e. Change Management, Software/firmware upgrades, maintenance procedures, and recovery tactics.
• Operate in a 24x7x365 Network Operations Center; this includes shift work, 2nd and 3rd shift hours, and weekends
• Perform maintenance level activities such as configuration changes, reloads, card insertion and removal, hardware upgrades on various IP, transport and PON platforms: Cisco, Nokia, Telabs and others.
• Train other NOC, Repair or Acceptance Specialists as needed on process and technologies.
• Work on other projects as needed.
NOC Specialist Qualifications:
• 3-5+ years’ experience working in NOC environment in the Telecommunications industry
• 2-3 years dealing and communications with other Carrier NOC’s to accomplish the teams objectives.
• Cisco CCNA Certification (A Plus)
• Associates degree or higher or equivalent experience
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, with an eagerness to provide outstanding customer service to internal and external clients.
• Demonstrable knowledge of the following IP protocols: BGP, OSPF, MPLS, Spanning Tree, ISIS
• Demonstrable knowledge of the following platforms: Cisco, Nokia, Telabs, Adtran, Metaswitch VoIP/ SIP Softswitch and Session Border Controller and others.
• Ability to troubleshoot Layer 1-3 faults in platforms listed.
• Demonstrable knowledge of various network troubleshooting tools such as, but not limited to: ping, traceroute, telnet, ssh, dig, SNMP get.
• Ability to configure and troubleshoot issues with: LDP, VRF, VPN, L2TP, SIP
• Understanding of SNMP traps and syslog messaging with the ability to react to and perform fault analysis for various messages.
• Ability to acknowledge multiple network alerts and messages and determine customer and/or network impact as a result of symptoms presented.
• Ability to read and interpret engineering documents such as Methods of Procedures and Work Orders for scheduled maintenances.
• Requires computer literacy: Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, SharePoint and Lotus Notes.
• Must be able to work independently with minimal guidance, while focusing on a sense of urgency for customer impacting issues.
• Must be able to work beyond the normal shift during outages and when working on special projects.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral diagram, or schedule form. Must be able to sit / stand for long period of time and perform other physical demands in the position including but not limited to lifting 30-40 pounds.
Candidates must be at least 18 years old and be able to pass a Background, Drug and DMV screening to be considered for all job openings. Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to firstname.lastname@example.org. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Bobby at 404.219.4346.