|TelForce Group is looking for a Network Operations Technician in the Chicago, IL area.
Responsible for supporting and maintaining Small Cell DAS Networks that are currently serving, the Nation’s largest Wireless Carriers. Year round objectives to include, first response to outages and impairments, along with making the needed repairs to the assigned networks. Annual Preventative Maintenance inspections, to remote DAS equipment and host related equipment. Various computer related administrative tasks, i.e uploading photos and documents, using GUI pages along with many web-based tools. Safe work practices must be applied to the completion of all work related tasks, along with integrity, quality and attention to details.
Network Operations Technician Description:
• Perform all activities in a manner to ensure the safety of yourself, your team, your customers and the public.
• Respond to all network outages, impairments and emergencies in the DAS network.
• Complete all annual preventative maintenance inspections thoroughly and accurately, to the company’s standards.
• Operation and understanding of RF and fiber related test equipment, such as PIM analyzer, Antenna analyzer, RF power meter, Spectrum analyzer, Signal generator, OTDR, Fusion splicer, Optic power meter, DMM.
• Operate PC or similar devices to gain access to DAS network and complete assigned administrative tasks.
• Work efficiently and effectively with cross functional departments and peers.
• First line acceptance of all new and modified networks using the Network Handoff Process.
• Ensure timely receipt and review of closeout packages and prompt completion of New Construction PMs to ensure quality builds.
Network Operations Technician Qualifications:
• Three (3) to five (5) years of experience and qualified in one or more of the following fields: wireless communications, outside plant fiber optic installations, repair, testing and troubleshooting
• Knowledge of radio transmitters, receivers, antennas, electronic theory, fiber optic theory
• Ability to safely drive and operate a DOT compliant boom truck, in the public right of way
• Ability to work closely with and provide guidance to vendors both on-site and remotely
• Ability to analyze and understand PIM/Sweep test data
• Ability to work independently with minimal guidance, while managing time for maximum efficiency
• DOT Certification
• OSHA Certifications
• Fiber Optic Certification
• PIM or Antenna analyzer certifications
• Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing in a clear and concise manner
• Skilled in trouble ticket or work order systems
• Exposure to network monitoring systems
Candidates must be at least 18 years old and be able to pass a Background, Drug and DMV screening to be considered for all job openings. Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to firstname.lastname@example.org. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Sonia at 269.330.0661.