|TelForce Group is looking for a Network Engineer in the Nolensville, TN area.
The primary purpose of this position is to help design, build, and manage an advanced, regional, fiber-based IP network. The position will be responsible for day-to-day development and maintenance of core routing and switching systems, network performance analysis and monitoring, network planning, and trouble resolution. This position will also be involved in supporting various IT projects, as necessary.
Network Engineer Description:
• Design, configure, and upgrade network infrastructure, including routers and switches, access points, hosted servers, firewalls, VPNs, and other related appliances.
• Implement network scripts to gather network records, monitor network performance, and network reliability.
• Design and implement network operations guidelines (QoS, performance, reliability, security, network monitoring) and create and maintain all network records, drawings, and documentation.
• Provide engineering designs and support for infrastructure to deploy advanced IPTV, soft-switch, and high-speed internet services.
• Assist with trouble resolution, including generating and interpreting the results of packet captures for both network and customer specific issues.
• Work with third party carriers and transit providers to resolve off-network issues and plan for network growth.
• Serve as an IP network subject matter expert by building strong relationships with colleagues and external vendors.
• Participate in negotiation with vendors and consultants for necessary network elements and support contracts.
• Identify opportunities to increase network reliability and reduce costs.
• Analyze network performance and make thoughtful recommendations on network enhancements and capital investments.
• Provide a high level of customer service and assist in some pre-sales and sales engineering activities with enterprise and large business customers.
Network Engineer Qualifications:
• 4 year degree in a technical field, but will consider all relevant experience and appropriate certifications.
• Up to 5+ years of in a telecom or carrier IP network (voice/IPTV/Internet).
• BCNE, CCNA certifications are preferred.
• Knowledge of IP routing protocols (OSPF, BGP, PIM) and IPv4/IPv6, VOIP, MPLS, L2/L3 VPN, and metro Ethernet.
• Prior experience supporting a Cisco/Brocade routed network is a plus.
• Knowledge of scripting and deployment of scripts within the network a plus.
• Prior experience supporting an Adtran TA5K network, FTTH deployments, ERPS topology, and other related Adtran products is a plus.
• Knowledge of Calix, Zhone access systems a plus.
• Prior experience supporting IPTV, multicast, and MPEG4, is a plus.
• Knowledge of Unix/Linux based systems.
• Knowledge of PERL, C++ scripting/programming a plus.
• Must have an understanding of process standardization procedures and the ability to create and maintain network records.
• Ability to operate various service equipment including hand tools, electric drills, and company test sets.
• Knowledge of basic mathematics and consumer electronics.
• Must have the interpersonal skills needed to work in a team environment to complete complex tasks.
Candidates must be at least 18 years old and be able to pass a Background, Drug and DMV screening to be considered for all job openings. Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to email@example.com. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call August at 615.915.3119.