|TelForce Group is looking for a Telecom Aerial Lineman in the Long Island, NY area. This is a contract-to-hire position. Hotel & per diem provided for those that don’t live in Long Island.
Telecom Aerial Lineman Description:
• Place aerial telephone strand & cable (copper and fiber).
• Connects wires and cables to terminals and attaches/detaches various kinds of hardware to wires, cables, buildings, or poles.
• Performs aerial tasks such as new cable installs, pole transfers, strand building, cable hanging, lashing, etc.
• Perform construction work such as digging holes, placing cable, air pipe and inner duct in various types of conduit systems and open excavations
• Climb utility poles and/or use aerial lift truck to place cables on poles per system design.
• Ensures all installation work is done according to quality standards.
• Must always comply with proper safety standards/procedures and work practices according to the customer, whichever standard is higher.
• Knowledge in building strand, lashing/over lashing, pole transfers, vertical grounds and building and repairing aerial telecommunication transmission lines.
• Safety operate a boom truck, climb poles as needed and utilize standard tools of the trade.
• Use Bucket or Line trucks
Telecom Aerial Lineman Qualifications:
• Experienced in the placement of aerial telephone cable (cooper and fiber)
• Experience operating a bucket truck
• CDL Class A or ability to obtain one
• Ability to read and interpret construction prints, plans and specifications
• Ability to work outdoors in all types of weather
• Ability to climb poles and work at heights up to and exceeding 30 feet
Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to firstname.lastname@example.org. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Jessie at 615.787.7383.