|About Birch Communications
Headquartered in Atlanta, GA, Birch Communications is one of the largest competitive local exchange carriers in the 31-state southeast, southwest and midwest regions serving small and medium business customers. Birch was the first in its class to deploy its own private IP network utilizing soft switch technology to deliver innovative, high quality, affordable voice and broadband communications services to small and medium business customers. Please visit www.birch.com for more information.
We currently have an opening for the Director of Margin Assurance and Carrier Relations which has direct responsibility for Margin Assurance, Line Cost, Intercarrier Compensation and Carrier Relations. Duties include Vendor UNE & Resale purchasing leadership and guidance, vendor cost analysis, revenue accuracy accountability, margin analysis and management, vendor negotiations, institutionalizing best practices and automation improving revenue assurance objectives, and managing cross-functional teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage all day to day operation of the Revenue Assurance, Line Cost, Intercarrier Compensation and Carrier Relations.
• Identify develop work plans related to Revenue Assurance projects. Use traditional project management methods and coordinate and manage projects to completion.
• Develop and provide communication of ILEC purchasing and pricing knowledge and guidance for Birch Corporate and other supporting documentation.
• Direct team of analysts in reviewing contracts and developing and maintaining the relationship of contract rates to cost elements within the line cost system, analyze cost variances, compare cost date to network and billed inventory, and development and maintenance of reports to assist in preparation and filing of billing disputes.
• Complete management responsibility over CABS, Revenue Assurance Team, Line Cost Team and Carrier Relations.
Education and/or Experience Requirements:
• 4 year degree required.
• 4+ years experience in telecommunications service company with special emphasis related to analysis of vendor and/or user rates and charges and general familiarity with telecommunications services and products (wholesale/retail).
• Advanced computer skills.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
• Excellent spreadsheet analysis skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong leadership ability
• Time management and organizational skills
• Ability to meet critical deadlines
• Ability to exercise tact and good interpersonal skills
• Medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability and life insurance
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Competitive base salary plus quarterly bonus incentive
• Paid vacation and holidays
• Relocation assistance