Newport Beach, CA
Mobilitie is the largest privately held wireless infrastructure company in the United States. Connectivity is a vital component of daily life, and Mobilitie works with wireless carriers and venues to ensure our customers are better connected. Mobilitie is a leader in the wireless industry, and has been rated one of the largest and fastest growing private companies by the Orange County Business Journal. Mobilitie owns and operates cell towers, DAS, small cell, fiber networks, and Wi-Fi systems and advises carriers on network operations, performance and improvement opportunities. As a global provider of complete wireless solutions, we design, build and operate networks and infrastructure to deliver optimal coverage in the most demanding and challenging of environments.
Rated as one of the Top 100 Technology Providers by Broadband Communities, Mobilitie is on the forefront of mobile technology and growing rapidly. At Mobilitie you will have the opportunity for a rewarding career in telecommunications, focusing on solutions that deliver the coverage needed in today's world and that anticipate the needs of tomorrow. We are currently seeking highly motivated and dynamic individuals to join the Mobilitie team and the largest network deployment initiative in the US.
The Senior Accountant will serve as one of the key leaders of the accounting team. This position will manage the monthly closing and analysis, identify and implement operational best practices, performing/assisting with ad-hoc analysis. The ideal incumbent should have substantive knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, practices, processes, and procedures and will be involved in continuing to lay the foundation, as well as, improve and enhance all accounting activity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and improve processes and timing of monthly close with the goal of gaining efficiencies in day to day operations
- Perform analytical review of monthly operating results and accounting workbooks, and ensure compliance with SOX
- Review monthly accruals and monitor operating results; job cost analysis; work in process schedule preparation, preparing monthly internal financial statements, budgets, month/year-end closings, projections and cash funding needs
- Participate in the preparation of the Company's consolidated results
- Monitor and review high volume of transactions for a variety of service lines
- Lead, mentor, and train junior accounting staff
- Coordinate with internal and external auditors
- Educate accounts payable on detailed GL coding using our automated A/P workflow solution
- High level of integrity
- Real estate and/or telecommunication industry experience strongly preferred
- Bachelor's Degree required with a minimum of three to five years of experience in Accounting / Finance
- Strong GAAP knowledge required; CPA license a plus
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced working environment
- Individual should be a strong self-starter and detail oriented