|SEFNCO Communications is immediately recruiting for Coax Splicers to support our Tukwila, WA location!
Operating from multiple locations, SEFNCO Communications has the ability to provide single source engineering, construction, and management solutions that meet the growing needs of phone, broadband, cable and cellular companies throughout the Western United States. Our expertise has positioned us to support local, State, and Federal agencies, including military installations. It is the same fundamentals that founded the company that drive the company today. SEFNCO Communications is committed to providing the highest level of quality service to our customers and the communities we live in.
The position of Coax Splicer main responsibility is that of day to day interaction with Communication Coax Cable Strand and its connection and repair from one or more lines and or junctions. In addition this role will need specialty knowledge of testing and tuning equipment, processes and procedures for balancing and tuning as well as the ability to trouble shoot a RF service line and if needed also be able to repair or splice in new line as needed to complete the testing and certification of the project.
• Receive drawings and verbal communication and perform all tasks assigned in a timely and professional manner with minimum supervision. Obtain all materials and tools needed for job completion.
• Place and install required coax cable when necessary to complete assignment.
• Install all passive and active devices, pedestals, vaults or Coax splice cases required to house CATV/phone equipment per customer requirements.
• Climb poles, ladders, towers and other structures as needed. Use bucket trucks as needed.
• Train and ensure newer employees are learning and using safe work practices at all times.
• Punctual, regular and consistent attendance with night work availability.
• Other responsibilities as assigned by management
• Coax – RF lines testing for balanced signal between points – continuity and fault
• Troubleshooting and repair of Coax line and line equipment
• Activation of a RF line and signal
• Practical knowledge of “Stealth Ware” Sweep software
• RF interference detection
• Final certification of a RF line and correct signal balance
• Aerial and underground work as directed and trained
• Coax splicer certified and trained to support field work as directed
• Fiber Splicing as trained and certified as directed
• Read and understand site plans, maps and diagrams needed to support project.
• Practical knowledge and training on use of Sweep equipment
• Practical knowledge on Microsoft Office products to include: Word, Excel, Outlook, Etc.
• Practical knowledge of Stealth Ware sweeping software
• Lift and carry up to 70 lbs
• Valid US Drivers license (CDL Preferred)
• Current First Aid and CPR training
• Ability to work varied schedule (on call, evening and weekends as needed)
• Ability to work in inclement weather
• Current Flagger Certification
• Ability to read and understand maps, drawings and diagrams for project build process
We offer a competitive benefit program including:
• Competitive wage
• Paid Time Off (PTO)
Interested and qualified candidates: Please send your resume ASAP to this job posting RE: Coax Splicer_Tukwila
Pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check required.
SEFNCO participates in E-Verify and E-Screen.
SEFNCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer