Under direct supervision, this position is an entry level position that aids in the preparation of in-house Customer job estimates. Includes analyzing site surveys, proposals and customer specific requirements. Must become knowledgeable and detailed in understanding Customer standards and apply them to the preparation of job estimates. Would be responsible for keeping all Customer Standards books up to date and distributed and logged.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Knowledgeable in the operation and infrastructure of Outside Plant, Central Office, Transport and Cable Headends, all to Telecordia, TP Standards and Customer standards.
• Knowledgeable of DC Power, Batteries, Site Builds, Racking, and Network Equipment.
• Under the supervision of the Estimating Engineer prepare detailed job material lists, job installation labor hours, prepare job installation drawings and specifications.
• Keep current with new technology and be able to research manufacturer part numbers for estimating purposes.
• Read and understand in detail blueprints, construction drawings and other documentation to prepare time, materials, and labor estimates under the supervision of the Estimating Engineer.
• Prepare and maintain a directory of suppliers, contractors and subcontractors in company database.
• Maintain Customer Standards binders and keep field technicians current.
• As necessary, attend site walks with Estimating Engineer.
• Under the supervision of the Estimating Engineer and Project Manager, prepare closeout packages for large projects.
• Work within guidelines of company policy as outlined in the Employee Handbook with the Retech Human Resources Policy Manual, Safety Manual and OSHA Safety rules.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
SKILL, EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAITS REQUIRED:
• High School Diploma or recognized equivalent.
• Experience in the telephone equipment system environment and/or cable industry including installation of Ironwork, Site Conditioning, DC Power, Batteries, Common Systems, Transport/Facilities, with emphasis on safety and quality.
• Minimum of 3 years related experience in Central Office or Headend installation environment with focus in DC Power installation, including Power Plant and 12V and 2V batteries.
• Strong computer skills. Microsoft Excel experience a must.
• Customer is #1
• Detail Oriented
• Team Player
• Quality Minded
Candidate must be able to successfully pass background and drug screening.
Medical, Dental, 401(k), Vacation offered