|TECTONIC is currently seeking an experienced Senior Civil Engineer with Telecommunications experience to work on wireless telecommunications projects within our Latham, NY Office.
Essential Functions of this position include:
The essential functions of this position include working collaboratively on various telecommunications projects with engineers, construction teams, and designers to assist in the process of providing high quality deliverables to our clients. The Senior Civil Engineer will work on and assist in managing the design, inspection, and coordination of all phases of civil/site development, including new site builds, site layouts, and site modifications and upgrades on telecommunications projects. Additional functions including generating required engineering reports for review, performing site visits to gather data and perform site inspections, reviewing drawings and calculations, as well as all other duties as required. This position required occasional overnight travel.
• BS Degree in Civil Engineering and an EIT are required; valid PE License is preferred;
• 3-5 years of related work experience, with a minimum of 2 years of experience working on wireless telecommunications projects is required; structural experience is a plus;
• Knowledge of AutoCAD 2013 or newer;
• Requires a valid, clean driver’s license and a personal vehicle, as travel to job sites as required.
While performing the essential functions of this position, the employee is often required to assume a stationary position, and regularly perform tasks that require the handling, inspection, and/or feeling of documents, materials, and/or equipment relevant to the job and communicate about same. Occasionally, the employee will need to move around on the job-site, sometimes while lifting and/or moving equipment up to 25 lbs and/or in hazardous weather conditions. The employee must be able to safely operate a motor-vehicle, in which they may be required to remain stationary for a prolonged period of time. They must be able to receive and convey detailed or important information with others using the Corporate e-mail system, telephone system, and conferencing systems.
The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
In addition to providing competitive salaries, TECTONIC offers a wide range of benefit options, including:
• Comprehensive group medical insurance, including health, dental, vision and life
• Opportunity for professional growth and advancement
• Tuition reimbursement
• Paid time off, including vacation, sick and personal
• Company–observed paid holidays
• Short and long-term disability coverage
• Flexible spending accounts for medical expenses and dependent care
•401K retirement and profit sharing plan.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, and highly encourage resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. TECTONIC participates in the USCIS E-Verify Program to verify that all new hires are authorized to work in the United States.