| TelForce Group is looking for a Senior OSP Engineering Manager in the Gallup, NM area.
This position reports to the General Manager and manages the Engineering Department and Engineering Staff. This person plans, prepares, and designs drawings for construction of new and removal/rearrangement of existing aerial and buried lines, cables, and conduits. Plans, designs, and prepares drawing and staking sheets for new copper and fiber optic routes in support of advanced service offerings. Analyzes capacity of available and existing lines, forecasts or estimates projected requirements to determine new construction or rearrangements and removals required. Selects routing for lines and determines equipment requirements. Prepares detailed construction and installation drawings and estimates equipment, labor, and material costs. Prepares, negotiates and secures necessary permits, easements, and right-of-ways.
Senior OSP Engineering Manager Description:
• Ensures compliance with RUS and industry specifications by staking all lines to be built and/or rearranged. Organizes and files necessary paperwork and staking sheets.
• Analyzes existing capacity and forecasts projected requirements to determine required construction/engineering and timing of projects and their costs.
• Responsible to assist with department’s annual budget by providing basic designs with associated estimates of cost for new and on-going construction projects.
• Designs and assists in coordinating the installation of subscriber carrier and other transmission systems. Assign cable counts to assist with preparation of cut sheets for cut-overs in copper and fiber outside plant configurations.
• Prepares detailed construction and installation drawings using CAD and manual drafting techniques. Estimates equipment, labor and material. This may also include timelines or schedules for construction and cut-over.
• Prepares and reviews as-built material and unit totals prior to close-out of each job or project.
• Reviews invoices and verifies units placed against original estimates.
• Prepares, coordinates, and secures necessary permits, easements and right-of-ways.
• Manages the Engineering Department and Supervises Engineering Staff. Prepares timesheets and performs all reviews and employee documentation, as needed.
• Supervises contractors working with Company’s Engineering Department, to assure quality of labor and that projects stay on budget.
• Processes contractors’ invoices and reviews for correctness.
• Schedules engineering jobs.
• Checks for Right-of Way for jobs.
• Checks inspection sheets, price lists, work prints, and material lists.
• Identifies large jobs to place on 515 contract.
• Assists on pre-bid 515 contract meetings.
• Identifies fiber jobs which must be completed.
• Identifies HUD Site jobs and other jobs, such as, large cable extensions (without radio access, but still within DSL service range) to pick up additional customers.
• Represents the Company at meetings concerning new business.
• Reviews blueprints regarding telephone service.
• Works with other companies for co-locations of utilities.
• Works with OSP Supervisors to identify trouble areas.
• Reviews for accuracy and approval: Timesheets, Time off requests, and all other necessary employee paperwork associated with HR and Accounting Departments.
• Creates and maintains up to date personnel records (Performance Evaluations, Employee Disciplinary Process etc., and all other HR related documents)
• Performs all other related duties as assigned by management.
Senior OSP Engineering Manager Qualifications:
• Knowledge of telecommunications construction and engineering practices and principles.
• Knowledge of transmission qualities and capabilities of copper and fiber plant.
• Knowledge of the understanding of FTTH, FTTB, and FTTN design and implementation.
• Knowledge of the electronics and apparatus needed to support the advanced services technology.
• Knowledge of the Central Office switching environment is preferred.
• Knowledge of plant records-keeping; experience with fiber and copper plant preferred.
• Knowledge of industry regulations affecting engineering projects including NESC Safety Regulations and RUS guidelines
Candidates must be at least 18 years old and be able to pass a Background, Drug and DMV screening to be considered for all job openings. Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to email@example.com. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Taylor at 615.915.3119.