This job is inactive
Construction Program Manager Job from TelecomCareers
|Join our Commitment to "Building Better Wireless"
Please apply or text keyword towersba to 313131
SBA Communications Corporation (SBA) is a leading independent owner and operator of wireless communications infrastructure across North, Central and South America. We offer outstanding opportunities for professional growth to individuals who are committed to excellence and continuous improvement; and we respect the diversity of our employees, customers, business partners and the communities in which we do business. If you aspire to be part of an organization that is bringing the benefits of wireless voice and data to the world then we'd like to speak to you.
Founded in 1989, our mission is to be our customers' first-choice provider of wireless infrastructure solutions and we achieve this by setting the standard for customer satisfaction, focusing on industry leadership, developing innovative business strategies, providing financial strength and supporting empowered, engaged employees. We generate revenue from two primary businesses - site leasing and site development services. Our size, experience, capabilities and resources make us a preferred partner for wireless service providers both domestically and internationally. With anticipated ongoing, dynamic growth in wireless traffic (in particular data and video), we expect to lead the way in providing innovative business strategies and continuous improvement to our network infrastructure.
Are you ready to join an inclusive work environment and contribute to our dynamic teams? We value and look for talented people who "Seek and Achieve Excellence" in all that they do.
To be the most respected organization in our industry by our customers, employees, shareholders and communities.
• Integrity: Collectively we maintain a firm adherence to the highest moral and ethical standards.
• Work Ethic: We take pride in working hard and expect each other to go the extra mile to achieve our collective goals.
• Ownership Mindset: We are excellent stewards of our financial resources and actively manage as we would for our own money.
• Quality: We do it right the first time. Doing it right includes exceeding expectations, safety, timeliness and an exemplary work product.
• Customer Service: We strive to provide our customers - internal and external with extraordinary value and to help them to achieve their business objectives.
• Innovation: We continuously strive to improve by looking for new, efficient and effective ways to do business.
• Collegiality: We are collaborative and enjoy each other's company. We work hard to make those around us a success and we interact with each other in a positive and respectful manner. Teamwork is a key to our success.
Manage the assigned Field Office for construction activities of telecommunication sites. Plan, direct, organize and deploy resources to most effectively complete work through coordination with the Area Construction Director. Position includes operational and financial responsibility for assigned geographic area.
Support all field personnel in managing the construction or installation activities of quality telecommunication sites for commercial deployment of services on an expedited schedule. Responsible for assisting field personnel interface with site customer representatives, subcontractors and internal crew personnel. Coordinate with Project Control Managers to control job budgets and ensure proper documentation of all construction activities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
▪ Manage all financial responsibility for respective construction field office.
▪ Direct staff to ensure construction is performed in a quality and timely manner in accordance with plans, specifications, budget, and customer's expectations
▪ Develop new and nurture existing client relationships and ensure complete satisfaction with day-to-day operations.
▪ Assist with the resolution of customer issues as required.
▪ Ensure quality construction is being performed within established budget and schedule while retaining customer standards of performance.
▪ Maintain and enforce all SBA safety / quality practices and OSHA guidelines.
▪ Ensure all databases are up to date.
▪ Develop and Build Subcontractor Base.
▪ Read and understand site status reports, site plans, tower drawings, and grounding plans. Interface on an as needed basis with customers and subcontractors.
▪ Train and facilitate good communication between construction supervisors, customer representatives, subcontractors, and internal personnel.
▪ Ensure that construction supervisors are coordinating logistics and effectively scheduling subcontractors and internal crews.
▪ Ensure all appropriate building permits, NTP(s), and lease status approvals have been received prior to initiating construction.
▪ Work closely with Area Construction Director and Project Controls Managers to ensure proper WIP management and forecast adjustments.
▪ Maintain the Fleet of vehicles and equipment assigned to your area by ensuring that company vehicles and equipment are being properly operated and maintained and that equipment calibration, DOT log books, and various other requirements are met.
▪ Review and approve time sheets, expense reports, invoices, purchase orders and change orders.
▪ Identify negative budget variances, and implement corrective actions to prevent the same occurrence on future projects. Notify Area Construction Director immediately upon identifying jobs/projects, which cannot be performed within budget.
▪ Notify Area Construction Director of staffing and equipment needs.
▪ Immediately report any vehicle accident or workplace injury to company safety representative, human resources, and manager.
▪ Must be able to work extended hours as required to include evenings and weekends.
▪ Perform other related duties as required to ensure a safe workplace, quality construction and timely completion of each project.
▪ Other projects and duties as assigned.
▪ Supervise field personnel including but not limited to subcontractors.
▪ Hire, train and develop qualified:
o Construction Supervisor(s)
o Field Crews
o Office Staff
▪ Provide development plans for staff as needed.
▪ Counsel and terminate staff as deemed necessary.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
▪ HS Diploma/ GED required.
▪ Bachelor's in in Business or Construction Management strongly preferred.
▪ 5+ years cell tower construction management experience, including first-hand knowledge and understanding of "brick and mortar" construction.
▪ 3+ years of management experience.
▪ Must be computer proficient, having demonstrated the intermediate knowledge and ability to work with MS Office and MS Outlook.
▪ Ability to effectively manage multiple projects to successful completion.
▪ Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
▪ Good planning and organization skills to balances and prioritize work.
▪ Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and/or governmental regulations.
▪ Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions, percentages, area and volume.
▪ Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
▪ Valid Driver's License is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
▪ Visual ability correctable to 20/20.
▪ Ability to operate a motor vehicle.
▪ Sitting sixty percent of the day.
▪ Ability to hear, understand and respond appropriately to verbal requests made in person and over the telephone.
▪ Ability to correspond verbally, in writing or in electronic format in an understandable, professional manner.
▪ Manual dexterity to input data into the computer, use a fax machine, copier, postage machine, a calculator and operate the equipment listed above.
▪ Ability to stoop and bend.
▪ Ability to reach and stretch.
▪ Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
▪ Ability to walk, stand, bend and climb.
▪ Ability to travel by airplane and motor vehicle.
▪ Ability to work extended hours on a consistent basis.
▪ Overnight travel as required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Tasks are regularly performed with exposure to outdoor weather conditions.
▪ To be successful in this position, one must possess the ability to work near mechanical parts, in high precarious places, and in outdoor weather conditions. This position also carries the risk of electrical shock and radiation. The typical work environment includes very loud noise levels equivalent to earth moving equipment and jackhammers.
▪ While conducting tasks in an office/ cubicle setting, work environment will consist of moderate noise levels.
||25% of the time
||Medical, Dental, 401K and more..., Health, 401K, EBITDAR
||SBA Network Services, LLC