|TelForce Group is looking for an OSP Engineer in the Houston, TX area. The job is in a small town outside of the Houston-Sugar Land metropolitan area.
The primary responsibilities for this position are to plan and prepare drawings for new and existing overhead and underground lines, cables and conduits, analyze traffic loads and forecast projected traffic to determine needs for new construction, rearrangements or removals. The Outside Plant Engineer will prepare estimates for equipment, labor and material costs, initiate work authorization requests, order materials and equipment, and direct work activities to ensure conformance with engineering specifications and work authorization, as well as prepare and process required permits.
OSP Engineer Description:
• Experience in outside plant design and detailing which should include FTTX, copper twisted pair, and hybrid fiber coax planning and design.
• Knowledge of copper and fiber design principles.
• Knowledge of rights of way/easements and permitting processes.
• Knowledge of pole design.
• Understanding of industry standard symbols and procedures.
• The ability to comprehend and modify outside plant record drawings.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Strong communication and writing skills with the ability to clearly explain issues.
• Support all company policies and safety practices.
• Present a professional appearance and attitude.
• Good time management.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
OSP Engineer Qualifications:
• Minimum 5 years OSP engineering work experience
• Prefer 2-year technical degree in an engineering discipline
• GIS and/or CAD design experience
• Prefer Mapcom M4 experience
• Prefer NISC experience
• Minimum 2 years project management experience
Candidates must be at least 18 years old and be able to pass a Background, Drug and DMV screening to be considered for all job openings. Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to email@example.com. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Taylor at 615.915.3119.