SR. LTE OPTIMIZATION ENGINEER
Mobilitie is the largest privately held wireless infrastructure company in the United States. Connectivity is a vital component of daily life, and Mobilitie works with wireless carriers and venues to ensure our customers are better connected. Mobilitie is a leader in the wireless industry, and has been rated one of the largest and fastest growing private companies by the Orange County Business Journal. As a global provider of complete wireless solutions through our professional services organization, Mobilitie’s Advanced Technology Group is now servicing our IT and Engineering enterprise clients, building innovative technical solutions to deliver optimal results with our consultative and customer centric approach.
At Mobilitie you will have the opportunity to join the Advanced Technology Group for a rewarding career with the unique opportunity to work on large enterprise projects from infrastructure, big data and cloud engineering to new product development, mobile development and responsive design at our Fortune 500 clients. We are currently seeking highly motivated and dynamic individuals to join our growing team and we want to catapult your career!
Our Advanced Technology Group at Mobilitie is currently seeking a Sr. LTE Optimization RF Engineer to join our enterprise client on a long-term internal full time Nokia Optimization project in Dallas area.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Desirable to have experience working with Nokia NetAct OSS in alarm management, performance management and parameter configuration management. Hands on knowledge of Nokia and ALU LTE TDD and FDD parameters. Experience with Alcatel-Lucent OSS (SAM) is a plus.
- Must have experience with LTE parameters, KPI counters, Operational Performance Indicator (OPI) counters, and associated call scenarios. Skills to review daily KPI reports and identify sites with performance degradation issues is required.
- Must have deep experience in network performance components and troubleshooting. Network performance problem detection and solution methods, e.g., throughput issues, connection drops, blocks, etc. Have knowledge of Nokia tools including PNM, ALU NPO, NetAct RS, etc. creating reports and deep dive counter based analysis.
- Desirable to have knowledge in RF Optimization Layer 3 analysis experience using tools like ACTIX.
- Must have knowledge of running traces for troubleshooting/analysis. Must have knowledge of the various drive testing equipment such as JDSU/RAN Advisor, Nemo, TEMS, X-cal, Windcatcher and FalconSmart
- Plus: Have expertise in troubleshooting to perform tasks such as resetting an eNB/RRH, changing a parameter, run WO, updating the yang file, alarms, RSSI issues
- Should understand Radio Resource Management functionalities, e.g., handover control, admission controls, capacity management, etc.
- Plus: Have knowledge and working experience with E// RF optimization and performance practices to create reports and deep diver counter based analysis.
- Plus: Have hands on knowledge of monitoring site alarms, doing health check status of sites, and resolve alarms
- Desirable to have understanding & exposure to RF design (link budget inputs, propagation models), optimization, PLANET, ATOLL and performance tools.
- Strong teamwork, discipline to follow process, good communication and documentation skills.
- Proficient in MS Office, especially Excel (formulas, running macros), MS PowerPoint and UNIX.
- MS in Electrical Engineering/Computer Science or other related Engineering; Bachelor's Degree with three or more (3+) years of experience also acceptable
- Minimum of seven (7) years of work experience in RF Planning & Optimization for LTE / UMTS / GSM.
- Minimum of three (3) years of hands-on experience working on LTE and/or VoLTE RF optimization or network performance management functions including trending, analysis, monitoring, reporting, and troubleshooting.
- Must have knowledge about LTE/VoLTE technology, LTE network architecture, 3GPP standards; Additionally, experience in supporting RF deployments with US-based cellular operators preferred.
Mobilitie offers an attractive compensation and benefits package and the opportunity to be part of an exciting and fast paced organization.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Mobilitie is an equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans)
Visit our website at www.mobilitie.com!