|TelForce Group is looking for an I&R Supervisor in the Nolesnville, TN area. Relocation is available.
This position is responsible for leading and improving the quality of installation and repair services of I&R personnel associated with fiber and copper supported service orders and trouble tickets, focused on building brand equity and driving aggressive sales, revenue growth, and customer satisfaction. Additionally this position is responsible for all practices and training that ensure the company completes all work according to the highest safety codes and industry leading performance standards. This position will also be responsible for the evaluation of the company’s copper distribution and local loop network, responsible for identifying areas causing repeat troubles and customer issues. Most importantly, this position will be responsible for the overall productivity and development of the largest organization within the company – Installation & Repair.
I&R Supervisor Description:
• Oversee the operations of I&R personnel, including the management of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the team’s goals and objectives, and leading the selection, hiring, and career development of all I&R employees.
o Monitor individual and team results to identify and act on both positive and negative performance trends to ensure attainment of company, individual, and team goals.
o Routinely conduct performance and safety reviews with each team member.
• Efficiently lead and direct all installation and repair operations in the field, focused on achieving a high level of customer satisfaction and optimal efficiency of a large work force.
o Track and measure Key Performance Indicator (“KPI”) scorecard to measure the productivity and service levels of I&R personnel. Design and implement performance goals by individual.
o Manage the adherence to the order and trouble ticket assignment process (the schedule) to achieve and improve efficiency and customer satisfaction. Work with NOC personnel to ensure all scheduled or worked-in assignments are completed in a timely and professional manner.
o Review and coordinate nightly check-ins and on-call rotations for team personnel.
o Ensure all I&R installation personnel are trained on equipment, best practices, and compliance with all required codes and regulations. Establish and maintain a standard for equipping I&R staff with written best practices and procedures and appropriate tools and work equipment.
o Conduct field surveys, audit I&R activities to monitor adherence to quality and code standards, and perform on-the-job training duties.
o Prepare and present periodic operational reports depicting achieved service levels.
o Work with Network and Product Managers to develop and support installation and repair of new and existing company products and services.
o Work with all department heads to provide timely insight into growth in and around the company’s markets and provide recommendations around investment and growth opportunities.
• Perform and complete installations, troubleshooting, and repair for connects, upgrades, and relocates for telephone, high-speed internet, and Digital TV Customers at an expert level.
o Directly work with chronic or complex orders and trouble tickets to ensure completion to customer satisfaction.
o Plan and complete installs for new services and equipment for customers by installing copper and fiber drops, network interface devices, ground wires, in-home wiring, station protectors, jacks, modems and wireless routers, and set-top boxes in accordance with company standards.
o Recognize and inspect existing ground wiring or make new ground according to Company policy in order to protect employees, customers, and equipment from electrical shock or damage.
o Recognize and understand how to configure customer's equipment to connect to the Internet via modem/wireless router and set-up IPTV service, including connecting standard consumer electronic devices (DVD, computers, laptops, tablets, smartphones, telephone hand-sets, etc.).
o Understand, maintain and repair existing equipment by using test sets to locate line or equipment trouble and determine necessary repairs.
o Repair, replace, and splice aerial and under-ground cable (copper and fiber) to restore services to system specifications.
o Complete and maintain records as required, including completion of all required information on work orders to ensure details of work are recorded for entry into the customer’s account.
o Clean, maintain, and organize stock for company vehicles and prepare equipment to safely perform required duties and reflect the highest brand standards.
o Provide a high level of customer service, educate customers on the use of products and services, and recommend products and services to meet customer needs.
• Assist NOC and Engineering with cable and fiber maintenance and assignment operations.
o Identify areas of chronic problems, making upgrade recommendations to engineering, and coordinating resources necessary to maintain and upgrade existing facilities, with the goal of eliminating repeat trouble tickets and improving high-speed internet and Digital TV quality of service.
o Monitor cable pair and fiber utilization rates to make recommendations for upgrades in areas where utilization becomes high (due to growth or bonding).
• Implement emergency response communications and call-out practices for all outages.
• Maintain expert knowledge of all internal and external systems necessary to support all district operations, specifically regarding all aspects of Field Communicator, schedule, and trouble within Innovative Systems.
• Participate in ongoing educational and networking opportunities in order to maintain current knowledge of installation equipment and techniques, with a focus on reducing the time and cost per install, while increasing the overall level of service.
I&R Supervisor Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, IT, or a related discipline, or the equivalent education and /or experience.
• Minimum 10+ years of experience in the areas of responsibility listed above.
• CompTIA Network+ certification desired, but not required.
• PC Skills – requires a basic understanding of computer hardware and software, especially word processing, and email, along with the ability to review and clear assignments and work orders. Ability to touch-type at 35+ WPM a plus.
• Experience developing and managing budgets, and hiring, training, developing, supervising and appraising personnel.
• Must be an expert at installation procedures and documentation.
• Ability to operate motorized work equipment and office equipment, including personal computers, phone systems, software applications, hand tools, electric tools, and test sets.
Candidates must be at least 18 years old and be able to pass a Background, Drug and DMV screening to be considered for all job openings. Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to email@example.com. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call August at 615.915.3119.