|TelForce Group is looking for I&R Technicians in the IL & IN areas.
Under limited supervision, perform from basic to advanced installations, disconnects and service changes for residential and business customers for POTS services, cable television services, IPTV, and high speed internet services. Perform basic troubleshooting and repair for services from the fiber terminal, CATV tap, or the ONT to consumer's electronic devices (TV, VCR, Modem, etc.).
This position is responsible for maintaining optimum operating specs, assisting in the daily operations of the department and providing support and technical assistance in a manner consistent with Company policies, procedures and applicable local, state and federal regulations.
I&R Technician Description:
• Perform routine troubleshooting calls: troubleshoot the plant from the customer’s equipment through the distribution fiber back to the Hut Equipment.
• Maintain optimum operating specs throughout the entire system
• Perform installations, troubleshoot and repair customer cable, telephone and data services from the Optical Network Terminal to the connection of the customer's equipment for single, multi-family and/or commercial dwellings, including, as appropriate, all necessary wiring (interior and exterior) and hardware.
• Troubleshoot optical distribution and return-path issues to and from the LCP cabinet and CPE. Including troubleshooting, repairing or replacing defective or damaged components. Installing and configuring network interface cards on customer computer equipment;
• Perform installation, troubleshooting and repair for connects (new connects and reconnects), disconnects (requested and non-pays), upgrades, downgrades, relocates; Install additional outlets, and install or remove converters for all broadband services offered by system; Connect various options available with customer's equipment (PIP, VCR, A/B switch, telephone handsets, caller id devices, etc.)
• Educate customer on proper use of services, including how to add additional services and access help online.
• Use of Optical power meter, signal source, other optical test equipment
• Use of RF signal level meter and leakage test equipment
• Use of Telephony test equipment butt set, noise meters, VOM etc.
• Perform forward and return distribution system activation and repair
• Perform CLI ride-out and track and repair leakage, as necessary.
• Splice aerial/underground coaxial cable and equipment to restore cable plant to system specifications.
• Splice aerial/underground fiber cable and equipment to restore cable plant to system specifications.
• Repair and/or replace damaged aerial/underground plant
• Perform work including but not limited to: reconnects, requested and non-pay disconnects, additional outlets, changes of service, pre-wires, post wires, customer installation work for all levels of service and perform residential networking
• Assist with field training of new existing employees.
• Must be detail oriented and able to meet deadlines as well as handle confidential information.
• Is neat with self as well as with equipment/company vehicle, and conduct self in a respectable, responsible and courteous manner.
• On call hours: will be available to perform tasks, responsibilities or special assignments required by the system during non-business hours.
• Assure proper signal levels and picture quality on all television sets, and clean the premises of all debris and materials after the installation is complete
• Maintain records including daily logs, gas sheets, etc. as required; properly record all required information on work orders, surveys, referrals, etc.
• Promote cable, internet, and other company services; educate customer on proper use of the service, including how to add additional services and access help online, channel lineups, proper equipment usage, and other services that are available; represent company as needed to collect payments and secure appropriate customer signatures
• PC upgrades, i.e. network interface card installations, etc.
I&R Technicians Qualifications:
• High school diploma plus additional specialized technical courses or the recognized equivalent in work experience and self-study.
• Valid driver's license, satisfactory driving record, and auto insurance
• 1-5 years of experience with basic telecom and CATV installations and maintenance services
• Knowledge and ability to install and maintain CMN telecommunications services including, but not limited to, POTS, T-1 services, etc.
• PC Skills – capable of installing PC hardware and software.
• Outside plant construction experience a plus.
Candidates must be at least 18 years old and be able to pass a Background, Drug and DMV screening to be considered for all job openings. Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to email@example.com. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Taylor at 615.915.3119.