|Here we grow again! King has grown, diversified and evolved its construction services from a small electrical contractor to a large, full service General Contractor/Electrical Contractor serving the telecommunications industry. King's market-leading Construction, Tech Services, Electrical, Civil, Concrete, Steel Erection, and Structure Retrofit Divisions serve both public and private sector clients. King offers innovative design/build solutions for a broad spectrum of services, including fixed wireless, macro, DAS, small cell and custom one-off applications.
King has an immediate need for Construction/Telecommunications Estimator. This is a full time, salary position, with opportunity for advancement within our growing team.
The Estimator will be a member of the Construction/Estimating team and will be dedicated to adhering to procedures, focused on producing the best quality service, being highly productive and mindful of costs.
The successful candidate must be comfortable working in a challenging, dynamic, team-based environment.
The Estimator will be responsible for serving as a pipeline of communication, receiving and supplying both internal and external customers with estimates of engineering, construction, installation and material costs.
The successful candidate must meet a majority of the knowledge, skills, competencies, and experience requirements outlined below.
Is capable of performing without supervision or direction work operations/job activities, including, but not limited to the following:
• Create budgets, payment schedules and proposal documents based on study of design/specifications within deadlines.
• Translates RFP into a professional proposal by assembling project assumptions and creating budget estimates with written narratives of services.
• Interact with clients on special projects or proposal specifications to support the creation of the proposal.
• Assist with the coordination of meetings and reviews with the project team for the purposes of completing proposals.
• Ensure accuracy of budgets, payment schedules and application of costs and margins.
• Perform financial review of proposals, re-bids, contracts and change orders to ensure financial soundness of proposals and maintains awareness of concepts that can be used to improve the accuracy of future bids, re-bids.
• Writing responses to Customer RFP’s for systems projects in the telecommunications pre-cast structure manufacturing industry
• Assist in responding to Customer Pre-Qualification Documents as relating to services.
• Preparing Labor Cost Estimates, including estimation of man-hours and expenses to complete projects (Includes engineering, manufacturing, installation, testing, commissioning etc.)
• Assist in negotiation of terms and conditions for contracts.
• Follow-up on proposals, answer services related questions, etc.
• Support account representatives to obtain new business.
• Interface with customers and account representatives to understand requirements of bids as relating to services.
• Provide pre-sales technical support to account representatives and customers.
• Review and understand contract Terms and Conditions.
• Review and understand scope of work, and/or preparation of scope of work as required.
• Ability to meet and interface with customers to discuss service needs and requirements for a full range of low voltage systems services.
• Strong knowledge of telecom industry and design of telecom infrastructure is required.
• Project manager experience preferred.
• Field installation experience preferred but not required.
• AutoCad and Visio experience a plus.
• Must have excellent oral and written communication skills and technical writing ability.
• Ability to read and interpret RFP to determine customer requirements.
• Financial analysis, including understanding of costs, margins, etc.
• Must be proficient with Microsoft Excel and Word.
• Working knowledge of MS Access, Power Point, M2M a plus.
• Perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
What King offers you:
A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
Highly competitive base pay
Comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefits programs
Paid vacation and sick time
King Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer