|TelForce Group is looking for Senior OSP Designer Engineers in TX (Austin, Dallas & Houston), Las Vegas, NV, Oklahoma City, OK & Raleigh, NC. These are contract-to-hire positions.
The Senior Designer, OSP creates project designs, estimates costs, identifies appropriate materials and equipment, creates drawings, and estimates project timelines for the placement of fiber optic cables, poles, conduit, transmission equipment and associated electronics. The OSP Sr Designer creates designs based on current and past network architectures. This role is responsible for the timely and accurate completion of moderate to advanced complexity construction drawings for telecommunication projects. The OSP Sr Designer is responsible for addressing the fit-up, feasibility, and accuracy of proposed scope of work and working with others to remedy or communicate alternatives with project management. The OSP Sr Designer will lead teams and help train in newer staff.
Senior OSP Designer Engineer Description:
• Effectively work on multiple fiber design projects from award to completion including site acquisition, engineering, permitting, construction and project closeout.
• Effectively communicate any obstacles that may impact budget or schedule to senior management and customer
• Read, analyze, & understand specific project scopes of work and translate into design requirements
• Provide suggested cable routings, drop/house/unit count and proposed/actual pedestal locations and other topographical data intended to afford design personnel the optimum opportunity to design the most effective plant placement.
• Research system plant maps to determine system extension effects on surrounding cable plant and node placement sizing.
• Responsible for underground and aerial permitting with state DOTs, cities, counties, railroads, environmental, and other permitting authorities. Proficiency with IKE software is preferred but not required.
• Convert field notes, architectural, engineering and/or plan sketches into working construction drawings using the required software per customer specifications.
• Revise construction drawings per customer and internal redlines.
• Maintain a familiarity with individual client requirements and adapt to new client preferences.
• Work collaboratively with field staff and the permitting groups to prepare, draft, and review the necessary drawings for construction, permitting, and records.
• Perform moderate to advanced CAD or GIS tasks
• Manage timelines and deliverable quality on medium to large sized projects with the assistance of the Project Manager.
• Performs as a project lead or technical specialist on the team. The OSP Sr Designer will lead teams and help train in new staff.
• Perform detailed checking and redlines work performed by others on assigned project(s).
• Work with the Manager to develop new templates, tool palettes, macros, LISPs, and other time saving processes.
• Ensure accurate project status tracking to facilitate project management reporting.
• Perform site visits as needed to document field conditions for new sites and site modification projects.
• Occasional travel (less than 10%) for engineering inspections and mappings
Senior OSP Designer Engineer Qualifications:
• High school diploma
• Associates Degree architecture or engineering field
• 6-9 years of telecom design experience preferred. Alternatively, 8-10 years of design experience or 8-10 years of fiber construction and maintenance accepted
• Proficiency in conduit, manhole, hand hole, underground, submarine, buried and aerial construction methods
• Proficiency with AutoCAD; experience with AutoCAD 2015 or newer preferred. Proficiency with AutoCAD work functions including paper space/model space, scaled viewports, blocks, text fields, dynamic blocks, libraries, and templates
• Proficiency with ArcGIS is preferred
• Proficiency using Verizon’s 3GIS and COFFEE systems is preferred
• Proficiency using AT&T’s systems including, but not limited to, PACE, PED ASE, PED ADE Dynamite, Geolink/GPM, OBC, CSV, MIC, LMC, WCMT, Insight, FRVT, Transport Conversion SharePoint, TFW, ALM, Opti, OSP-FM, CFAS, IMAGINE, JAM, JPMTS, LFACS, MIC, NJUNS, Q MESSENGER, ARES, and ARAMIS is preferred
• Strong computer skills required, including proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite
• Ability to review both technical and non-technical aspects of field work
• Ability to review work completed by others and adequately convey required corrections
• Effectively communicate and work with both internal Engineering and Project Management teams as well as customers
• Basic mathematics skills, moderate special reasoning skills, and professional written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to set priorities for self and others and work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to efficiently multi-task and work on several projects simultaneously
• Ability to sketch site layout and surrounding areas, read and take measurements
• Must demonstrate understanding of access networks on various fiber architectures
• Experience with fiber to the home (FTTH) networks is preferred
• Solid knowledge in OSP construction methods and practices as set by RUS, Telecordia, and BICSI
Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to email@example.com. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Taylor at 602.907.3098.