|Telecommunications District Manager
Great Plains Communications is looking for a hands-on leader to fill the position of District Manager in Northeast Nebraska area.
As a District Manager, you will:
• Develop a team-oriented commitment to service atmosphere by being a hands-on leader, working alongside employees as needed
• Coordinate with all departments on planning projects
• Perform personnel activities for technicians
• Engage in various public relations activities in community organizations and civic projects
• Resolve customer complaints
• Assist with the preparation of annual building and operating budget
• Direct and manage priorities and standards for routine maintenance and rehabilitation of existing outside plant facilities
• Oversee and assist with projects
• Support the Marketing and Public Relations Department and assist in developing marketing plans
Successful candidate must have knowledge of broadband technology including telephone, CATV, and IP. Must possess strong communication, public speaking, and customer relation skills. A valid driver’s license and be able to travel 1-2 hours average daily to job sites and other exchanges is required.
Five to seven years of experience in the telecommunications industry is preferred.
Competitive salary and benefits provided. EOE.
To apply, visit www.gpcom.com/careers.
Great Plains Communications is the largest privately-owned telecommunications provider in Nebraska. They have over a century of experience providing business, carrier and residential customers with forward-thinking, fiber-based technology services including Ethernet, Internet, video, hosted and voice solutions across an 11-state footprint. The company also prides itself on their progressive approach to accommodating the unique needs of all regional and national telecommunications carriers, LECs, ISPs, wireless carriers and other service providers utilizing superior engineering and custom build strategies. At the core of their service offering is an extensive 11,500-mile regional fiber network, including long-haul and metro networks that span the state of Nebraska extending into Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Minnesota, Missouri, South Dakota and Wyoming. The network offers community access rings, last-mile and middle-mile solutions, all fully supported by their 24x7x365 Network Operations Center.