|TelForce Group is looking for an OSP Design Engineer in the Evansville, IN area.
Responsible for the support and maintenance of the Spatialnet database for the fiber to the home network which include drafting, designing, maintaining and reporting in Spatialnet. Projects will include new towns, expansions and network augments. This position will also be assisting with the construction permit process.
OSP Design Engineer Description:
• Develop grid maps for new construction projects for field engineering
• Assist with Pole Line Engineering; experience with aerial construction, utility companies, pole engineering, NESC Scheduling
• Develop Smallworld maps for make-ready engineering
• Assist with the make-ready construction approval
• Assist with the high-level Google Earth design
• Input field engineering and pole data into Spatial database
• Review detailed Spatial design for quality assurance
• Generate splicing documents
• Generate bill of materials from design
• Assist with construction cost estimates
• Assist with fiber design for
o New market constructions
o Expansion areas in existing markets
o Network augment for 100% utilized terminals
o MDU projects
• Assist with identifying, submitting and tracking of permits
o City construction permits
o State Road permits
o Railroad crossing permits
• Update Spatial database with information from as-built construction maps
• Generate various Spatial reports as needed
The associate may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws.
OSP Design Engineer Qualifications:
• Associate degree in a technical field or business or equivalent experience
• At least 5 years of fiber designing experience, with FTTH experience would be a plus
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access & Microsoft
• Proven outside plant engineering and construction knowledge
• A familiarity with Passive Optical Networking (PON) would be desirable
• Naturally model respect for others by listening well, encouraging others, and promptly returning phone calls/e-mails
• Ability to keep commitments to customers, suppliers, and other team members
• An orientation to problem solve with facts and drive for common goals and priorities to leverage diversity of opinion.
Candidates must be at least 18 years old and be able to pass a Background, Drug and DMV screening to be considered for all job openings. Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to firstname.lastname@example.org. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call August at 615.915.3119.