DATA COMMUNICATIONS ENGINEER
Please note: agency candidates are not being accepted for this role
Mobilitie is the largest privately held wireless infrastructure company in the United States. Connectivity is a vital component of daily life, and Mobilitie works with wireless carriers and venues to ensure our customers are better connected. Mobilitie is a leader in the wireless industry, and has been rated one of the largest and fastest growing private companies by the Orange County Business Journal. Mobilitie owns and operates cell towers, DAS, small cell, fiber networks, and Wi-Fi systems and advises carriers on network operations, performance and improvement opportunities. As a global provider of complete wireless solutions, we design, build and operate networks and infrastructure to deliver optimal coverage in the most demanding and challenging of environments.
Rated as one of the Top 100 Technology Providers by Broadband Communities, Mobilitie is on the forefront of mobile technology and growing rapidly. At Mobilitie you will have the opportunity for a rewarding career in telecommunications, focusing on solutions that deliver the coverage needed in today’s world and that anticipate the needs of tomorrow. We are currently seeking highly motivated and dynamic individuals to join the Mobilitie team and the largest network deployment initiative in the US.
Data Communications Engineer will perform routed/switched network design activity for very large and complex financial services network. Managed Service Customer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform routed/switched network design activity for very large and complex financial services network
- Serve as an engineering interface to the customer in support of the design and implementation of the customer's WAN/LAN/WLAN enterprise network projects and comprises the following activities.
- Work with technical and program teams and customer technical teams to provide solutions for customers' technology requirements
- Investigate, design, plan, and implement physical and logical IP networks
- Prepare documents to define and illustrate network design solution
- Create engineering orders for implementation to configure network hardware and software
- Perform router/switch network hardware/software upgrades
- Provide IP Routing Strategy - Routing Protocol Development (BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, HSRP, VSRP, etc.)
- Provide IP Addressing Strategy - NAT, Re-Addressing; (h) Perform WAN - IP Routed Network Integration.
- Bachelor's Degree required in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or other related areas.
- CCNA required with additional Cisco certifications, up to CCIE.
- Minimum of seven or more (7+) years of experience in technology disciplines.
- In depth knowledge of protocols, transport/provisioning (i.e. Private IP (MPLS), VoIP, IPVPN, IP Telephony, and IP PBX. Familiarity with Network Security (FW, IDS, IPS, DOS) and platforms.
- Previous engineering support for Data and Call Center migrations/integrations/implementations both in a legacy and next generation environment.
- Strong hands on working experience with Cisco technologies required. Complete network implementations, changes, design, problem resolution, principles, theories, concepts and technologies, apply knowledge of established procedures, policies and practices.
- Requires a broad range of technical, communication and teaming skills within a professional discipline to effectively perform complex assignments
- Demands strong hands on experience and familiarity with Cisco-based network hardware, software, protocols and configurations.
- Above average written and verbal communication skills are necessary.
- Strong and effective interfacing and interaction background, as well as oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently and on multiple projects/activities concurrently.
- Disciplined and oriented in practice of and adherence to process and procedures.
- Flexible and able to support critical changes when they arise.
- Excellent technical written and presentation capabilities.
- Ability to make customer presentations. Aruba/Cisco Wireless skills would be a plus.
Mobilitie offers an attractive compensation and benefits package and the opportunity to be part of an exciting and fast paced organization. If you are interested in working in the exciting and growing world of telecommunications real estate, please submit an application at Mobilitie’s Careers page!
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Mobilitie is an equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans)
Visit our website at www.mobilitie.com!