|TelForce Group is looking for a Telecom Sales Manager in the Chicago & Northeast markets. We need one person in Chicago, IL and one person in the Northeast market.
The primary focus of this position is to develop sales opportunities and generate profitable revenue opportunities within the telecom, communications, intelligent transportation and electronic tolling marketplaces. In addition, this position will act as the day to day customer liaison, assisting with all aspects of customer service. Candidate must have a proven sales track record and demonstrate a thorough understanding of the sales process and the ability to work with existing clients to capture new and/or additional business. This position will require a clear understanding of communications vertical markets including broadband, fiber optic and wireless networks, and FTTX. Experience with public private partnerships is a plus. Creative integrated systems solutions will be presented to directors, facility managers, IT executives and procurement personnel within the communications industry. Candidate must have experience working with the multiple funding sources available for healthcare, education, economic development and FTTX markets. Experience in Intelligent Transportation Systems is preferred as well.
elecom Sales Manager Description:
• Meet and exceed mutually established sales goals, while managing expenses and maximizing return on investment and profit opportunities.
• Identify and develop sales opportunities nationally focused on communications, broadband, Intelligent Transportation and electronic tolling projects, current communication customers’ base and establish needs requirements, resource requirements, availability of funds and overall business potential.
• Provide excellent customer support.
• Provide guidance and oversight to the regional proposal and bidding process for communications projects.
• Coordinate the efforts requiring corporate support.
• Meet and exceed sales goals, while managing expenses and maximizing return on investment and profit opportunities.
• Build long-term advisory relationships with multiple clients. Seek to influence clients to negotiate work versus bidding work.
• Lead the proposal process to provide direction and strategy for responding to client requests for proposals. Plan and implement proposal kick-off meetings and coordinate internal efforts to provide a cohesive team approach.
• Develop and implement a competitive sales strategy through interactive participation between other internal company departments including Regional Sales Managers, Regional Operations, Project and Proposal Development, and local company Secure Solutions teams.
• Preparation and delivery of customer proposals and presentations.
• Work with the Legal Department to assist with the negotiation of contracts
• Generate necessary reports and complete administrative duties in a timely fashion and other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• Observe and enforce company policies and procedures.
• Travel as required.
Telecom Sales Manager Qualifications:
The applicant should have a BS/BA degree in Marketing, Business Administration or a related field, with 5+ years of Sales/Business development experience in telecom or ITS. Should have experience in Outside Plant, Inside Plant, fiber optic networks, wireless networks, FTTH networks, and sales in broadband project development. Thorough knowledge of associated construction practices with fiber and wireless networks.
Experience in sales of design/build projects within the Communications and Intelligent Transportation Systems markets preferred. An acceptable equivalency in collegiate education and applicable work experience will be considered for this position. The applicant should possess a working knowledge of spreadsheet applications such as Excel, and be proficient in Salesforce, Outlook, Microsoft Word and PowerPoint software. The applicant must possess a valid driver’s license.
Candidates must be at least 18 years old and be able to pass a Background, Drug and DMV screening to be considered for all job openings. Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to firstname.lastname@example.org. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Taylor at 615.915.3119.