|TelForce Group is looking for a Senior Network Engineer in the Albuquerque, NM area.
This position reports to the Director of Network and Technologies and is responsible for day to day running, monitoring, and management of network and data center facilities. The Senior Network Engineer continuously improves our network, collaborating with peers on best practices. This position demands a person with excellent leadership qualities, strong customer services ideals, and the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical personnel. He/she will serve as the Network technical team lead within the Infrastructure group, providing direction, instructions, and guidance to team members to complete projects & resolve/prevent technical issues. The Senior Network Engineer is responsible for coordinating and overseeing all work done by service contract providers that support the network and data center infrastructure.
Senior Network Engineer Description:
• Day to day running of the network and data center facilities including the monitoring and maintenance of all systems.
• Architect, design, engineer and implement scalable physical and logical network infrastructure solutions.
• Configure, install, and maintain network security and monitoring systems (firewall/IPS/IDS, traffic monitoring, etc.)
• Research, develop & deploy numerous technologies and network topologies to evolve and scale our network.
• Monitor and maintain Wide Area Network and datacenter Local Area Network systems and software; troubleshoot and resolve issues as necessary, including working with network service providers.
• Work closely with our hardware, software and sourcing teams, and external vendors to develop new optical/RF/TDM solutions and influence the future of networking and its associated infrastructure.
• Work closely with internal teams and our customers to design, maintain, monitor, and implement custom solutions meeting their needs.
• Travel occasionally to multiple CO locations throughout New Mexico. (Possible overnight travel may be required).
• Performs all other related duties as assigned by management.
Senior Network Engineer Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering.
• CCIE certificate, or comparable work experience.
• Project Management certification or 5 years’ experience as a project manager, a plus.
• 5+ years of experience in TCP, IP[v4|v6], BGP and related protocols.
• 3+ years of experience in structured cabling and fiber optic infrastructure - their application and limitations within the datacenter space.
• 5+ years’ telephone engineering, and/or carrier or service provider environments.
• Knowledge of optical ethernet technologies and their evolution.
• Understanding of network hardware platforms and their specifications in the datacenter space.
• Experience troubleshooting complex network issues.
• Ability to participate in a regular on-call rotation
• Experience working in a multi-vendor network environment.
• Advanced knowledge of and 5+ years’ experience w/Cisco network switching and routing, including implementation and troubleshooting of advanced routing protocols (BGP, RIP, OSPF, etc.)
• Deployment/advanced troubleshooting of Cisco and Adtran networking hardware (mostly ASR1K-9K routers, some Cisco Nexus and Catalyst 6500-6800 switches).
• Advanced troubleshooting of Wide Area Networking (DIA, Metro Ethernet, MPLS).
• Advanced knowledge of deployment/operation of network security systems (firewall/IDS/IPS/IPSec VPN)
• Advanced knowledge of Network monitoring systems.
• Self-motivated and directed, with ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
• Knowledge of the Central Office switching environment is preferred.
• Skill in operating various office equipment such as personal computer, various software programs, and telephone systems.
• Experience with VoIP/SIP, a plus.
• Ability to communicate with customers, co-workers, and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner. Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to organize and prioritize multiple work assignments. Good time management skills.
• Ability to pay close attention to detail.
• Ability to work independently.
• Ability in problem identification & resolution and to make sound decisions using information at hand.
• Ability to travel to multiple CO locations throughout NM and stay overnight out of town, on occasion.
Candidates must be at least 18 years old and be able to pass a Background, Drug and DMV screening to be considered for all job openings. Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to firstname.lastname@example.org. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Taylor at 615.915.3119.