|This is an opportunity to join one of New Jersey’s most successful telecommunications services companies. This newly created position will be an integral part of our operations team as we embark on the next phase of our growth.
Established in 2008, ASG Inc. is quickly becoming a leader in offering turn-key engineering, construction and data services solutions. ASG has operations in thirteen US locations in addition to our two offices in Ireland. We plan, design, build and service our clients in the Telecommunications, IT and Software Development sector. We believe that business needs to be disruptive and creative in order to thrive, and we think it’s important to provide an exciting and vibrant place to work.
Job Title: Pole Inspector I
Reports To: Group Manager
A Pole Inspector plans, surveys, designs, and drafts pole-based projects for ASG Clients. The Pole
Inspector is responsible to take notes from the field visit and transmit them into a Drafting Technician so it can be uploaded into the appropriate client system.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepares routine field notes for projects, such as the preparation of various drawings of structures and equipment systems derived from layouts and sketches.
• Follows established technical specifications to prepare drawings.
• Consults with engineers regarding model accuracy, design, and drafting standards.
• Job includes traveling to commissioned work sites and surveying the area.
• Pole Inspectors may be responsible for client and customer contact and obtaining permission to visit the commissioned sites.
• May also be responsible for sketching schematics immediately following a field survey.
• Works under immediate supervision.
• Provide Quality Assurance to projects.
• Site work experience a plus
• Ability to read and understand architectural / engineering drawings
• Ability to manage, organize and layout drawing requirements
• Understanding architectural and construction detailing
• Proficient with Microsoft Office suite of products
• Excellent verbal, written, phone, and interpersonal skills
• Proven strong analytic / problem solving skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced high volume work environment
• Dependable, flexibility to work weekends and holidays, as needed
• Ability to be on-call, as needed.
• Work independently under minimal supervision
Field work to accomplish the project.
Typical field related physical requirements of sitting, standing, driving and walking.
Job Types: Temporary, Contract