SENIOR COUNSEL (REAL ESTATE/RIGHT OF WAY)
Mobilitie is the largest privately held wireless infrastructure company in the United States. Connectivity is a vital component of daily life, and Mobilitie works with wireless carriers and venues to ensure our customers are better connected. Mobilitie is a leader in the wireless industry, and has been rated one of the largest and fastest growing private companies by the Orange County Business Journal. Mobilitie owns and operates cell towers, DAS, small cell, fiber networks, and Wi-Fi systems and advises carriers on network operations, performance and improvement opportunities. As a global provider of complete wireless solutions, we design, build and operate networks and infrastructure to deliver optimal coverage in the most demanding and challenging of environments.
Rated as one of the Top 100 Technology Providers by Broadband Communities, Mobilitie is on the forefront of mobile technology and growing rapidly. At Mobilitie you will have the opportunity for a rewarding career in telecommunications, focusing on solutions that deliver the coverage needed in today’s world and that anticipate the needs of tomorrow. We are currently seeking highly motivated and dynamic individuals to join the Mobilitie team and the largest network deployment initiative in the US.
We are seeking Senior Counsel to proactively manage and review all real estate documents related to telecommunications and backhaul facilities located in the public right-of-way. The position reports to the SVP, General Counsel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage all legal work for the company as it pertains to Telecommunication/Real Estate in the public right-of-way.
- Drafting and negotiation of complex transactions involving wireless telecommunications and backhaul facilities
- Draft, negotiate and interpret contracts including: Municipal franchise agreements, right-of-way access agreements, utility pole attachment agreements, license agreements and indemnity agreements. Provide advice and counsel to executive members of the company regarding business matters
- Manage team of in-house and outside counsel
- Oversee and manage projects to ensure timely and appropriate communications with all government and related agencies
- Other duties as assigned
- A Juris Doctorate is required with a minimum five or more (5+) years of experience in real estate transaction and experience in a high-growth oriented organization
- Previous experience in real estate and telecommunications is required
- Specific experience with telecommunications agreements in the public right-of-way strongly preferred
- Must be admitted to the Illinois State Bar
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) skills are required
- Possess strong leadership characteristics while maintaining a consistently positive and professional demeanor and communicates effectively, managing both up and down
- Excellent problem solving, analytical ability, and project management skills
- Display initiative and decision-making abilities, in order to advance the strategy of the organization and drive continuous progressive change
- Effectively challenge responses when necessary and resolve issues in the best interest of the company
Mobilitie offers an attractive compensation and benefits package and the opportunity to be part of an exciting and fast paced organization. If you are interested in working in the exciting and growing world of telecommunications real estate, please submit an application at Mobilitie’s Careers page!
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Mobilitie is an equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans)
Visit our website at www.mobilitie.com!