|TelForce Group is looking for a DC Power Cabling Technician in the San Diego, CA area. This is full time, direct hire position.
DC Power Cabling Technician Description:
• Install and remove CAT5e, CAT6, RG6 and other coax, other low voltage & fiberoptic cabling.
• Pull, terminate, neatly label, and test all standard industry cable types in a variety of topologies.
• Understand topology concepts such as IDF, MDF, BDR, riser, conduit, line-of-sight, etc.
• Maintain a basic familiarity with low voltage applications including surveillance, networking, door access, nurse call, telephony, etc.
• Work cohesively with a team to complete tasks.
• Transport, maintain, store, and safely utilize tools and implements including ladders, lifts, hoists, dollies, sawzalls and other cutting instruments, punch-down tools, fasteners, drills, etc.
• Safely operate company-owned automobiles.
• Mount, dismount, connect, and disconnect radio antenna, actuator and sensor equipment.
• Adhere to budgetary and scheduling guidelines.
• Read blueprints and install according to plans.
• Practice workplace alertness and adhere to OSHA safety guidelines to minimize the risk of workplace injury.
• Pursue problem resolution, escalating issues promptly and following up diligently.
• Record all time and notes for work performed in accordance with company standards.
• Utilize good grammar in written communication and courtesy and professionalism in all interactions on the job.
• Protect the interests and reputation of the company through superior personal conduct on and off the job.
• Attend all required meetings and functions as directed by management.
• Maximize billable status for work performed.
• Train and share knowledge with peers.
• Adhere to and espouse all company policies.
• Other duties as directed by management.
DC Power Cabling Technician Qualifications:
• Training certificate in a skilled trade preferred OR equivalent work experience
• 2-5 years of relevant low voltage experience preferred
• Ability to frequently travel required; overnight stays at job sites will occur regularly
• Able to safely climb a ladder and lift 50 lbs, crouch, kneel, stoop, crawl and safely operate powered and non-powered tools
• 10-hour OSHA construction certification preferred
• English language (fluent) required, Spanish desired
Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to email@example.com. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Bobby at 404.219.4346.