|TelForce Group is looking for a Telecom CAD Drafter in the Raleigh, NC area. This is an entry level position.
This position develops design documents for zoning and construction on wireless infrastructure sites covering equipment on towers and in compounds that is required for new construction, modifications associated with collocation/amendment activities and generator installations. This position also uses CAD tools to develop templates required to establish prototypical designs for program development as well as other AE services as required by the AE Services group.
Telecom CAD Drafter Description:
• Prepares lease exhibits, zoning drawings, and construction drawings from designs/analyses prepared by others as well as self-generated designs/analyses for equipment on towers and in compounds associated with new sites and collocations/amendments on existing sites, water tanks, rooftops and other facilities.
• Reviews and applies local, state and federal codes and design parameters.
• Coordinates with equipment vendors to incorporate vendor equipment data into documents.
• Redlines documents to be completed by CAD team.
• Conforms to QA/QC procedures.
• Performs CAD as required to complete work.
• Performs field visits at wireless communication sites to collect accurate dimensions, data and photos for developing deliverables.
• Receives detailed or rough sketches and reviews with provider of documents to verify accuracy.
• Coordinates sub-consultants, internal partners and clients.
• Updates production trackers.
• Prepares templates for program development.
• Executes assignments that are reviewed and approved by a supervisor.
Supports development of and adherence to standard operating procedures and CAD standards.
• Maintains a positive and professional demeanor while representing the company.
• Adheres to all of the company’s policies and procedures.
• Understands and follows the company and company’s customer systems for filing and retrieving drawings/data.
• Supports accounting activities as directed.
• Willing to work beyond normal working hours temporarily.
• Other duties as assigned.
Telecom CAD Drafter Qualifications:
• Basic knowledge of wireless tower equipment and compound layouts.
• Associates Degree in a related Engineering Discipline (Civil, Structural, Electrical, Mechanical, Environmental) field, preferred.
• Preferred experience in one of the following:
o Minimum of one year experience in the wireless telecom industry
o Minimum of one year experience in construction or field engineering of equipment similar to wireless telecom equipment
• Minimum of one year experience with AutoCAD, 2014 or higher
Proficient in computer software programs including Adobe, Word, Outlook and Excel.
• Ability to produce deliverables with accuracy and attention to detail.
• Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize multiple projects in a fast paced environment.
• Good reading and math comprehension with attention to details.
• Effective interaction and communication with colleagues, sub-consultants, clients and prospective clients.
• Strong follow-through skills with ability to meet deadlines.
• Self-motivated with ability to work independently and with others to complete tasks.
Candidates must be at least 18 years old and be able to pass a Background, Drug and DMV screening to be considered for all job openings. Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to firstname.lastname@example.org. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Sonia at 269.330.0661.