New York, NY
Mobilitie is the largest privately held wireless infrastructure company in the United States. Connectivity is a vital component of daily life, and Mobilitie works with wireless carriers and venues to ensure our customers are better connected. Mobilitie is a leader in the wireless industry, and has been rated one of the largest and fastest growing private companies by the Orange County Business Journal. Mobilitie owns and operates cell towers, DAS, small cell, fiber networks, and Wi-Fi systems and advises carriers on network operations, performance and improvement opportunities. As a global provider of complete wireless solutions, we design, build and operate networks and infrastructure to deliver optimal coverage in the most demanding and challenging of environments.
Rated as one of the Top 100 Technology Providers by Broadband Communities, Mobilitie is on the forefront of mobile technology and growing rapidly. At Mobilitie you will have the opportunity for a rewarding career in telecommunications, focusing on solutions that deliver the coverage needed in today’s world and that anticipate the needs of tomorrow. We are currently seeking highly motivated and dynamic individuals to join the Mobilitie team and the largest network deployment initiative in the US.
The Regional DAS Engineering Manager will manage all DAS and Wi-Fi design activities in their assigned region. This individual will become involved at the very inception of each assigned project and will remain actively involved throughout the entire site lifecycle. This position must interact with a wide variety of internal and external customers and requires the ability to communicate effectively at all levels. The Regional DAS Engineering Manager will be an experienced RF Engineer with a mastery of designing in-building and outdoor distributed antenna systems for Cellular and public safety applications. This position requires experience in developing efficient systems that offer Mobilitie’s customers an excellent value proposition. This individual must be knowledgeable of the various carriers’ design requirements and all of the major OEM’s equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate with Solutions on Benchmark data collection support, including determining walk routes and channel collection requirements.
- Coordinate with Solutions to gather carrier and venue technical requirements needed to complete preliminary designs.
- Participate in site surveys to gather requisite information needed to develop designs and integrate into existing structures.
- Plan and manage CW data collection.
- Analyze and incorporate Benchmark and CW data into RF designs for each venue.
- Manages and reviews RF designs to ensure compliance with carrier and venue requirements and to maximize efficiency. Establishes and drives schedule, cost and quality expectations.
- Responsible for delivering iBwave designs, carrier design packages, and BOM to Solutions and Deployment teams.
- Arranges and presents internal design reviews with Solutions, Sales, and Deployment teams.
- Participates in carrier and venue design reviews and utilizes feedback to manage design revisions.
- Establish and maintain relationships with carrier engineering staff to minimize design revisions.
- Coordinate support for DAS commissioning, optimization, and testing efforts to ensure compliance with design criteria.
- Provide support to Deployment team in arranging for on-site and back office commissioning and carrier integration support.
- Facilitate 3rd party Acceptance Testing in support of Deployment team.
- Provided final review and approval of carrier Closeout Packages.
- Coordinates ongoing engineering support for upgrades, retrofits, maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent from an accredited university. iBwave certification required (Level 2 certification preferred)
- Minimum of three (3) years in-building DAS design experience
- Direct DAS design experience with stadiums, arenas, large scale venues and hybrid solutions
- Must be familiar with wireless technologies CDMA, EVDO, GSM, CDMA, UMTS, W-CDMA and LTE
- Working design knowledge using CMA, Commscope, SOLiD and Teko DAS equipment.
- Must have a detailed understanding of RF propagation principles, cellular theory and RF engineering tools (signal generators, spectrum analyzers and other tools and software such as JDSU, Nemo Handy, Actix, Atoll, Asset, PCTel, ZK, MapInfo and Tems)
- Strong PC skills with MS-Office applications, specifically PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Visio
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills along with the ability to work well under pressure and multitask. Individual must also be able to prioritize multiple high priority projects, work schedule and workload.
Mobilitie offers an attractive compensation and benefits package and the opportunity to be part of an exciting and fast paced organization. If you are interested in working in the exciting and growing world of telecommunications real estate, please submit an application at Mobilitie’s Careers page!
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Mobilitie is an equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans)
Visit our website at www.mobilitie.com!