|TelForce Group is looking for Coax Splicers in MD & DE. These are contract-to-hire positions.
The Coax Splicer’s primary responsibilities include ability to splice, test, repair cables & wires in both indoor and outdoor settings, read, create and maintain splicing diagrams, maintain activities surrounding the assigned work site(s), and taking splicing field notes.
Coax Splicer Description:
• Performs tasks associated with the electronic upgrade and splicing of coax cable
• Test, activate, and troubleshoot equipment after installation
• Basic daily maintenance of provided vehicle: check fluids, clean and organize vehicle
• Self-supervise all operations to ensure that all splicing operations are completed in accordance with customer and industry specifications
• Safely operate and use bucket truck to complete daily construction assignments as needed (potentially climb poles)
• Field train and control/oversee the work of other Splicers when necessary
• Complete daily production reports, mark-up maps, keep track of work hours, complete "as-built maps" for areas built and track daily production
• Reconcile all issued parts and materials on a daily basis to ensure accurate material usage counts
• Frequently work independently
• Other splicing related duties as assigned
Coax Splicer Qualifications:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Certified pole climber or capable of demonstrating proficiency as a pole climber
• OSP telecommunication construction experience; cable experience
• Experience in splicing, balancing, and documenting CATV systems
• Ability to read and build from blueprints and/or wire diagrams
Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to email@example.com. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Jaimi at 202.656.6480.