|TelForce Group is looking for a GIS Specialist in the Kansas City, KS area.
Functions as a Lead GIS Specialist. Provides technical and analytical information management solutions through the use of software and databases for domestic or international projects. With minimal supervision, has responsibility for execution of GIS related project task administration and execution. May supervise, mentor or provide technical direction to other GIS staff on projects of low to medium complexity. Demonstrates additional levels of implementation design, consulting, or planning services. May independently support project execution or business development activities.
GIS Specialist Description:
• Performs analytical, technical, and/or developmental tasks as assigned
• Prepares and reviews scopes of work for company projects and develops plans of study, budgets, schedules and reports.
• Assists in the preparation of task assignments. May lead on task assignments related to field of specialization.
• Reviews and supervises delegated tasks for studies related to field of specialization and recommends schedules and budgets for such studies.
• Develops GIS-based tools, applications, databases, or similar solutions.
• Oversees the required project files to ensure that document references, analytical methods, calculations and rationale used in reaching conclusions are complete, pertinent and current.
• Interacts with clients and project managers by attending and/or presenting at meetings.
• Performs additional tasks specific to an area of expertise or technology.
• Assists in personal workload management activities.
• Supports continuous improvement efforts and the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements.
• Acts in capacity of a “lead person”. Does not have management responsibility for the people to whom they provide work direction. Directs GIS Specialists 1 and 2.
GIS Specialist Qualifications:
• Prefer 5+ years relevant GIS experience.
• Capable of producing GIS maps, estimates and deliverables on quick timetables.
• Must be able to lead a team as a GIS expert and should be knowledgeable in ArcSDE multi user editing environments, ArcGIS Server, and ArcGIS Online.
• Ability to accomplish project goals without direct supervision and must be willing to engage clients in a professional manner.
• Microsoft Office applications
• Software specific to expertise
• Analytical skills
• Tech savvy
Candidates must be at least 18 years old and be able to pass a Background, Drug and DMV screening to be considered for all job openings. Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to email@example.com. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Sonia at 269.330.0661.