|TelForce Group is looking for Coax Splicers in the Miami, FL area. These are contract-to-hire positions.
Coax Splicer Description:
• Connect and rearranges cable facilities utilizes special test equipment to test for and locate trouble and perform cable completion tests.
• Install and maintain splice closures (pressurized/non-pressurized) DSL provisioning perform cable throws install, splice and test load coils, cross connect cabinets, digital concentrators, T-carrier routes and special circuits.
• Utilize the correct tools and test equipment for proper and safe performance of services.
• Read and interprets blueprints and splice diagrams.
• Inspect or test lines or cables, recording and analyzing test results, to assess transmission characteristics and locate faults or malfunctions.
• Must always comply with proper safety standards/procedures and work practices according to company or the customer, whichever standard is higher.
Coax Splicer Qualifications:
• High School Diploma or GED preferred
• Experience performing copper-based cable splicing in a construction, installation, and/or maintenance environment
• Experience using electronic test equipment
• Valid CDL (A) license or be able to attain one
• Will be required to complete OSHA 10-hour course
• Ability to read and comprehend schematics, preparation of all job-related work reports (i.e.: red-lined cable plans, schematics, throw sheets and test results)
• Ability to access within the same day all test equipment required to perform services
• Knowledge of cable size, gauge, count, and colors of direction
• Able to work outdoors in all types of weather
Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to firstname.lastname@example.org. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Jessie at 615.787.7383.