Costa Mesa, CA
Mobilitie is the largest privately held wireless infrastructure company in the United States. Connectivity is a vital component of daily life, and Mobilitie works with wireless carriers and venues to ensure our customers are better connected. Mobilitie is a leader in the wireless industry, and has been rated one of the largest and fastest growing private companies by the Orange County Business Journal. Mobilitie owns and operates cell towers, DAS, small cell, fiber networks, and Wi-Fi systems and advises carriers on network operations, performance and improvement opportunities. As a global provider of complete wireless solutions, we design, build and operate networks and infrastructure to deliver optimal coverage in the most demanding and challenging of environments.
Rated as one of the Top 100 Technology Providers by Broadband Communities, Mobilitie is on the forefront of mobile technology and growing rapidly. At Mobilitie you will have the opportunity for a rewarding career in telecommunications, focusing on solutions that deliver the coverage needed in today’s world and that anticipate the needs of tomorrow. We are currently seeking highly motivated and dynamic individuals to join the Mobilitie team and the largest network deployment initiative in the US.
The RF Engineer will be responsible for RF Engineering design and optimization of Mobilitie’s neutral host wireless solutions systems. He/She will be responsible for designing, optimizing, analyzing and improving performance of iDAS and oDAS systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate Benchmark data collection support, including determining walk routes and channel collection requirements, provide detailed analysis of results.
- Participate in site surveys to gather requisite information needed to develop designs and integrate into existing structures.
- Plan and manage Continuous Wave (CW) data collection.
- Analyze and incorporate Benchmark and CW data into RF designs for each venue.
- Complete RF designs to ensure compliance with carrier and venue requirements and to maximize efficiency.
- Responsible for delivering iBwave designs, carrier design packages, and BOM to Deployment teams.
- Participates in carrier and venue design reviews and utilizes feedback to manage design revisions.
- Establish and maintain relationships with carrier engineering staff to minimize design revisions.
- Provides ongoing engineering support for upgrades, retrofits, maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent from an accredited university. iBwave certification required (Level 2 certification preferred)
- Minimum of three (3) years in-building DAS design experience
- Direct DAS design experience with stadiums, arenas, large scale venues and hybrid solutions
- Must be familiar with wireless technologies CDMA, EVDO, GSM, CDMA, UMTS, W-CDMA and LTE
- Working design knowledge using CMA, Commscope, SOLiD and Teko DAS equipment.
- Must have a detailed understanding of RF propagation principles, cellular theory and RF engineering tools (signal generators, spectrum analyzers and other tools and software such as JDSU, Nemo Handy, Actix, Atoll, Asset, PCTel, ZK, MapInfo and Tems)
- Strong PC skills with MS-Office applications, specifically PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Visio
Mobilitie offers an attractive compensation and benefits package and the opportunity to be part of an exciting and fast paced organization. If you are interested in working in the exciting and growing world of telecommunications real estate, please submit an application at Mobilitie’s Careers page!
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Mobilitie is an equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans)
Visit our website at www.mobilitie.com!