|This is an opportunity to join one of New Jersey’s most successful telecommunications services companies. This newly created position will be an integral part of our operations team as we embark on the next phase of our growth.
Established in 2008, ASG Inc. is quickly becoming a leader in offering turn-key engineering, construction, and data services solutions. ASG has operations in thirteen US locations in addition to our two offices in Ireland. We plan, design, build and service our clients in the Telecommunications, IT, and Software Development sectors. We believe that business needs to be disruptive and creative in order to thrive, and we think it’s important to provide an exciting and vibrant place to work.
Job Title: Small Cell Technician
Reports To: Construction Project Manager
Job Purpose: The Small Cell Technician works in a team environment on the construction of small cell sites. Responsibilities may include but are not limited to installation of 4G and 5G antenna components, radio components, RF cabling, AC/DC wiring, various telecommunications equipment, fiber optics and overall testing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Install pole top and side mount 4G antennas, 5G antennas and the associated mounting hardware; RF, fiber optic, AC and DC power cables with associated panels, terminals and connections
• Troubleshoot and locally test RF and fiber optic cables and connections
• Place and splice fiber optic cables
• Install radio cabinets, radios, shrouds and DC Rectifiers
• Ground and bond antennas, cables, radio equipment and power panels
• Operate bucket truck w/ aerial lift
• Read, understand and interpret engineering work plans
• Dig trenches for underground wire and cables
• Use a variety of telecommunication and construction equipment to complete installations
• Basic use of hand and power tools
• Must be able to work safely, strictly follow safety guidelines working in the vicinity of power, working aloft, working in confined space, building rooftops through basements and roadside.
• Job site preparation to include establishing and installing traffic control devices to create a safety zone for work
• Read blueprints, designs and drawings
• Perform other duties as requested by supervisor
• High school diploma or equivalent (required), AS or BS degree in technical field (preferred)
• 2 years’ experience in Small Cell or Cell Site Construction and Testing (preferred)
• 2-3 years of OSP lineman, telecommunication experience (preferred)
• AC / DC power experience (preferred)
• Familiar with 4G and 5G antenna installation
• Proficient in new build, fiber installation, pole placing and utilities transfers
• Interpret engineering work plans
• Requires willingness to travel (Limited)
• Must have a Valid Driver’s License with a satisfactory driving record
• OSHA 10/ 30 Certification a plus
• Training in Outside Plant safety a plus
Ability to work at a height of 45ft or more. Perform work near power lines and electricity. Ability to drive a bucket truck or other utility vehicles. Work and travel in inclement weather conditions such as snow, wind, rain and extreme hot and cold. Ability to function independent of a supervisor
Able to crouch, kneel, reach, grasp, lift, carry, push & pull up to 50 lbs. Climbing, sitting, standing, walking and driving for extended periods throughout work shift. Must be able to pass drug and background screening
Non- Exempt- Hourly with overtime possibility
ASG is dedicated to creating an inclusive work environment for everyone. We embrace and celebrate the unique experiences, perspectives, and cultural backgrounds that each employee brings to our workplace. ASG strives to foster an environment where our employees feel respected, valued, and empowered, and our team members are at the forefront in helping us promote and sustain an inclusive workplace.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 - $26.00 per hour