|Great Plains Communications is looking for an independent, self-starter to fill the position of Telecommunications Network Technician in the Fremont, Nebraska and Columbus, Nebraska areas.
This position includes:
• Representing the company with business and residential customers for the purchase and/or lease of communications equipment, such as PBX systems, data/network products, and WIFI equipment
• Initiating new sales and leasing leads, and assisting with contract negotiation
• Scheduling projects, and conducting installation and maintenance of customer equipment
• Training customers on the use of system features
• Conducting post-installation follow-up to ensure customer satisfaction
• Maintaining a high level of technical proficiency on all company-supported equipment
Successful candidate must have knowledge of telephone plant and equipment, telephone switching systems, special access circuits, T-1/PRI trunks, and PBX/key systems. Must also possess strong communication and customer relation skills, and the ability to lift up to 50 lbs., climb ladders, and operate scissor lifts occasionally. A valid driver’s license and the ability to travel occasionally are essential.
Associate’s degree or equivalent plus three to five years of experience in the telecommunications industry is preferred.
Competitive salary and benefits provided. EOE.
Great Plains Communications is the largest independent telecommunications company in Nebraska. We are family-owned, with more than 100 years of experience and service to 90 communities throughout the state. At Great Plains Communications, our business is centered on basic core values that drive everything we do. These values --- accountability, community, integrity, quality, service, and teamwork --- remind us to strive for excellence every day.
To learn more, visit www.gpcom.com/careers.