Mobilitie is looking for Permitting Managers with civil, electrical, or architectural engineering experience to drive its Permitting process. The Permitting Manager will research and prepare documentation for required permits, right of ways, easements, and land use for building and execute large scale infrastructure programs and projects. They are the key link into cities and jurisdictions, and build meaningful, long term relationships in their markets. Permitting Managers have significant bonus opportunity alongside Mobilitie’s excellent employee benefit plans.
Please click here to view all Permitting Manager Jobs
Mobilitie is the largest privately held wireless infrastructure company in the United States. Connectivity is a vital component of daily life, and Mobilitie works with wireless carriers and venues to ensure our customers are better connected. Mobilitie is a leader in the wireless industry, and has been rated one of the largest and fastest growing private companies by the Orange County Business Journal. Mobilitie owns and operates cell towers, DAS, small cell, fiber networks, and Wi-Fi systems and advises carriers on network operations, performance and improvement opportunities. As a global provider of complete wireless solutions, we design, build and operate networks and infrastructure to deliver optimal coverage in the most demanding and challenging of environments.
Rated as one of the Top 100 Technology Providers by Broadband Communities, Mobilitie is on the forefront of mobile technology and growing rapidly. At Mobilitie you will have the opportunity for a rewarding career in telecommunications, focusing on solutions that deliver the coverage needed in today’s world and that anticipate the needs of tomorrow. We are currently seeking highly motivated and dynamic individuals to join the Mobilitie team and the largest network deployment initiative in the US.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with permit agencies/joint pole/structure owner(s) and other 3rd parties
- Maintain relationships with municipalities and manage all aspects of complying with conditions of approvals from municipalities for installation, operation and maintenance of facilities and networks.
- Serve as subject matter expert on matters related to local municipal codes and to effectively communicate status of sites
- Coordinate with project managers to ensure sites meet requirements
- Obtain all necessary permitting/zoning approval from national and local agencies
- Inform other internal functional groups about requirements and regulations of government entities and municipalities to assist with compliance with general conditions of approvals at permit and construction stages of the project, and to meet project timelines.
- Extensive Travel Required, ability and willingness to travel to various locations
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Degree must be either as a JD, Professional Engineer/EIT, or Architect; or have served as a City Planner for three to five (3 - 5) years with a Bachelor's degree
- Three to five plus (3-5+) years’ experience in acquiring land use permits, site acquisitions, or related fields
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong people skills/soft skills and presentation skills
- Excellent Negotiation skills
- Must be resourceful, flexible and maintain the ability to react and respond quickly with a focus on accuracy
- Displays initiative and strong sense of personal motivation as well as responsibility
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, processes, and applicable regulations involved in real estate acquisition
- Knowledge of working with government agencies, jurisdictions, and Right of Way
- Experience with permit applications/documents
- Ability to read site plans and A&E designs
- Knowledge of relevant technology and equipment
- Advance working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite including Microsoft Project, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience in wireless, telecommunications, construction, and/ or public utility is required
Mobilitie offers an attractive compensation and benefits package and the opportunity to be part of an exciting and fast paced organization. If you are interested in working in the exciting and growing world of telecommunications real estate, please submit an application at Mobilitie’s Careers page!
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Mobilitie is an equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans)
Visit our website at www.mobilitie.com!