|TelForce Group is looking for a QC Cable Manager in the Birmingham, AL area. This is a temp-to-hire position.
Responsible for managing small-scale residential Hybrid Fiber Coaxial (HFC) construction projects, including validating current plan design based on company records, and gathering relevant information regarding scope of work and costs related to small line extensions, cable replacements, drop road bores and MDU lockbox replacements. Design line extensions layout by calculating loss and gain characteristics of cable passive and active devices and provide red-line to Design. Coordinate basic construction projects through in-house labor for building, repairing and maintaining HFC. Ensure quality of work performed meets established technical standards and company policies.
QC Cable Manager Description:
• Coordinate with engineers and developers in designing the plant by performing site surveys of as-built and proposed projects and complete associated red-line documentation.
• Design line extensions layout by calculating loss and gain characteristics of cable passive and active devices.
• Draw and sketch installation of HFC and location of equipment such as amplifiers, power supplies and cables; complete material orders needed for planned construction.
• Works closely with cross-departmental boundary partners; Tech Ops, Construction and Engineering in the facilitation of design/engineering services providing necessary information, including strand maps, design maps, BOMs, charts, graphs, and sketches of vertical details and provide SOWs in a timely basis.
• Serve as direct technical liaison for construction and technical operations teams.
• Assist in troubleshooting of network performance and outage support in support of construction and restoration intervals.
• Contribute to project coordination and perform administrative functions by maintaining associated records, providing reports as necessary and processing related invoices.
• Schedule work assignments monitor project workflow and maintain accurate weekly production reports.
• Make copies of system prints or engineering documents as required
• Maintain digital plotter, engineering copier/scanner and other departmental equipment.
QC Cable Manager Qualifications:
• Ability to perform both coax and fiber based as-builds to include hub terminations and fiber allocation tables with minimal guidance
• Knowledge of HFC and PON architectures, HFC and PON Network Design Specifications and Symbology
• Demonstrates working knowledge of CATV standards and terminology, HFC, Fiber-to-the-Home (FTTH) and Passive Optical Network (PON) architectures and designs
• Knowledge in applications such as MapInfo, ArcGIS, AutoCAD and Google Earth
Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to firstname.lastname@example.org. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Taylor at 314.706.2640.