|TelForce Group is looking for a Zoning & Permitting Specialist in the Detroit, MI area.
Prepares candidate information reports related to leasing, permitting and land use viability. Prepares lease or other real estate agreements. Coordinates with or supervises outside vendor partners, environmental engineers, architectural & engineering firms, title search firms, engineers and drafting technicians to ensure transactions close within defined timeframes. Identify potential risk scenarios. Draft and proof recordable transaction documents, easements, warranty deeds, etc. for legal department review. Prepares zoning and permitting applications. Monitors progress of the application and facilitate jurisdictional requests for additional information as a result of the application review process. Prepares collocation applications and manages the process through Notice to Proceed (NTP). Ensures compliance to the quality and safety goals and objectives.
Zoning & Permitting Specialist Description:
• Serves as primary Site Acquisition Specialist for particular site project including leasing, permitting and land use processing.
• For new-build projects, responsible for site acquisition activities from initial search ring release through NTP.
• For existing site modification projects, responsible for site acquisition activities from collocation applications, leasing and zoning audit through NTP.
• Provides candidate-specific recommendations for leasing and land use viability.
• Communicates activities with team members and other departments, as needed.
• Provides site sketches, as needed.
• Attends field site visits for candidate and engineering viability.
• Reviews title reports for ownership, encumbrances, easements, etc., and provides recommendation for leasing viability.
• Interviews zoning/permitting personnel to obtain jurisdictional approval requirements for installation of wireless communication facilities and/or related wireless equipment as project scope defines.
• Completes zoning ordinance reviews.
• Reviews zoning drawings for compliance with jurisdictional, regulatory and client requirements.
• Prepares, submits and obtains jurisdictional entitlements which may include applications and presentations before governmental or architectural review boards.
• Completes Lease & Zoning Audit Reviews for site modification projects.
• Coordinates with tower owners and/or private landlords to negotiate and secure lease entitlements as project scope defines.
• Completes collocation applications required by Tower companies and associated documents.
• Coordinates with client and engineering departments to obtain information necessary for entitlement applications (RF Affidavits, propagation maps, photo-simulations, etc.).
• Reviews and approves site specific documents for quality and completeness.
• Monitors and tracks progress on all open transactions.
• Maintains a high degree of customer service and integrity when dealing with clients.
• Verifies and/or obtains Enhanced 911 addressing.
• Individual contributor with no subordinates.
• Other duties or special projects, as assigned.
Zoning & Permitting Specialist Qualifications:
• 2 years telecommunications industry experience required.
• 4 year degree, or equivalent work experience.
• Active Real Estate License Active Real Estate License or Law License may be required in certain regions.
• Ability to work independently as well as with others.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills.
• Real estate, or legal negotiation experience.
• Ability to communicate and negotiate effectively.
• Ability to read and comprehend legal documents such as legal descriptions, surveys, ground leases, easements, deeds, land purchase contracts, mortgages, title policies, subordination, and technical drawings.
• Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Excel, Word, and Outlook.
• Supports and complies with the Division’s Quality Management System and Environmental, Safety, Health and Security Program.
Candidates must be at least 18 years old and be able to pass a Background, Drug and DMV screening to be considered for all job openings. Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to firstname.lastname@example.org. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Sonia at 269.330.0661.