|At ALLO, we believe people are our biggest asset. Our team brings the ALLO mission to life because as local members of each community, we live, work, play, and volunteer right here with you. We're passionate about being involved and contributing to the success and progress of each of our fiberhoods. We pursue these passions because ALLO leaders have created a workplace where folks are valued, ideas are heard, and work-life balance is an everyday practice.
This position of Outside Plant (OSP) Surveyor is responsible for precise locating of ALLO’s outside plant facilities and communicating as-build information to the design and construction department, along with surveying poles and documenting current pole attachments.
Please note this is a position is located Greeley, Colorado. It will report to this office/warehouse.
- Complete field surveys to locate outside plant structures in ALLO’s fiber optic plant by physically walking the plant with a 3GIS mobile handheld device.
- Complete Pole survey audit using IKE GPS photographic data acquisition system.
- Conduct field as-build audits
- Effectively communicate as-built OSP design through easily understandable field notes allowing database administrator to make changes to asset management plant design.
- Ensure quality and compliance to ALLO's procedures & specifications
- Reviews maps & plans necessary to complete high volume work schedule
- Sketch what is captured in the field
- Mark map prints or sketch to describe OSP route in detail
- Engage with home owners to allow property access for accurate data capture.
- Other duties as assigned by Project Manager
EDUCATION: High School diploma
- Knowledge of OSP Telecom construction and experience interpreting CATV or Telecom construction/contractor blueprints & as-builds is desirable
- Knowledge of aerial pole line conventions is desirable
- Must have excellent communication skills, professional appearance and a good attitude
- Experience with design software a plus, but not required
- Must have reliable transportation & a valid driver license
- Working knowledge of all Microsoft software
- Excellent organizational skills - Background check required
COMPETENCIES – SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES:
- Maintain a high degree of integrity and honesty in all business dealings.
- Be professional in dress, manners, and conduct.
- Be a self-motivated individual and display initiative.
- Be courteous and safety driven.
- Maintain a good driving record.
- Understand and follow all company policies and procedures.
- Anticipate, prevent and solve problems (proactive vs. reactive) within his/her authority.
- Make quick, accurate decisions when necessary and take responsibility for his/her actions.
- Be knowledgeable of Ideal Homes’ quality standards and industry performance standards.
Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, HSA and FSA, generous earned time off, 401K/student loan repayment, life insurance & AD&D insurance, employee assistance program, tuition reimbursement, performance-based incentive pay, short- and long-term disability, and a robust wellness program. Click here to learn more about our benefits: LINK.
Nelnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive Order 11246, and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance. Qualified individuals with disabilities who require reasonable accommodations in order to apply or compete for positions at Nelnet may request such accommodations by contacting Nelnet Corporate Recruiting.
Nelnet is a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Workplace.