Hours: Full-Time but Temporary (expected duration 3-6 months)
Location: Remote/Virtual located in USA or Canada (East coast time zone for project coordination is the preferred location, however any location in the continental USA/Canada are welcome to apply for the position).
Remuneration: Commensurate based upon experience
Start Date: Immediate
1) Provide expertise to ensure a 70 km OSP route located in upper state New York is delivered on time and on budget.
2) The project will install fiber optic cable in a combination of existing duct systems, new buried microduct plant installed via traditional plow, trench, or directional bore techniques, plus pole-mounted aerial facilities.
3) The new hire will be responsible for joining a project currently underway to:
• Ensure delivery of day-to-day activities and adhere to the overall project schedule; • Supervise 3rd party creation of engineering drawings as well as review; • Provide technical expertise to the entire project team; • Interface with and direct selected installation contractor; • Review pole make-ready plans; • Assist with cable selection, RFQ generation and contract negotiations, as needed; • Supervise and assist customer site approval; • Review project timelines, own the overall POW, and prepare and track the budget; • Communicate potential concern(s) that may impact the project’s completion timeline and/or incurred cost(s) to the client; • Guarantee permitting compliance; • Ensure the completion and maintenance of project files; • Review site remediation plans.
1) Bachelor’s degree or equivalent industry experience;
2) Minimum of 5 years of OSP background;
3) Strong OSP construction knowledge for fiber optic cables;
4) In-depth knowledge of engineering principles required of an OSP job to include general practices, procedures and industry standards for plow, open trench, directional bore, and aerial plants;
5) Good interpersonal and communication skills with ability to work toward collaborative solutions in a fast-moving, largely virtual/remote environment;
6) Must be proficient in MS Office applications and modern communication tools;
7) Ability to travel to upstate New York as/when needed;
8) A valid US driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record;
9) Attention to detail with good organizational skills;
10) Ability to lead a team as a Project Manager.
1) Previous experience of OSP build in NY State and NY DOT familiarity;
2) Familiarity with make-ready construction and best practice for aerial installation;
3) Working knowledge of right-of-way, property rights, and permit acquisition;
4) Experience with computer aided drafting (CAD) programs.
About the Employer:
Pioneer Consulting is a leading telecom consulting firm that specializes in fiber optic construction. The company is a privately held partnership established in 1997, and it is continuing to expand. Pioneer Consulting has employees and contractors stretching around the globe.
Contractors are expected to work the hours required to deliver the product on time, on spec, and on budget and wherever possible to exceed the customer’s expectations.
• Pioneer Consulting will reimburse the Contractor for any reasonable expenses incurred in performance of the job duties including travel and living. • Pioneer Consulting can provide the Contractor with a laptop computer, if needed.
Qualified candidates will be contacted when the review process is complete. Please no phone calls when applying to this position. Thank you in advance for your interest.