|A Utility Pole Inspector plans, surveys, designs, and drafts pole-based projects for ASG Clients. The Utility Pole Inspector is responsible to take notes from the field visit and transmit them into a Drafting Technician so it can be uploaded into the appropriate client system.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepares routine field notes for projects, such as the preparation of various drawings of structures and equipment systems derived from layouts and sketches.
• Follows established technical specifications to prepare drawings.
• Consults with engineers regarding model accuracy, design, and drafting standards.
• Job includes traveling to commissioned work sites and surveying the area.
• Pole Inspectors may be responsible for client and customer contact and obtaining permission to visit the commissioned sites.
• May also be responsible for sketching schematics immediately following a field survey.
• Works under immediate supervision.
• Provide Quality Assurance to projects. Qualifications:
• Site work experience a plus
• Ability to read and understand architectural / engineering drawings
• Ability to manage, organize and layout drawing requirements
• Understanding architectural and construction detailing
• Proficient with Microsoft Office suite of products
• Excellent verbal, written, phone, and interpersonal skills
• Proven strong analytic / problem solving skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced high volume work environment
• Dependable, flexibility to work weekends and holidays, as needed
• Ability to be on-call, as needed.
• Work independently under minimal supervision
Working Conditions: Field work to accomplish the project.
Physical Requirements: Typical field related physical requirements of sitting, standing, driving and walking.
Job Type: Full-time