|Senior Network Operations Specialist - Pacific City, Oregon
Full Time Regular
Hillsboro, OR, US
Requisition ID: 1018
This Senior Network Operations Specialist is for a Cable Landing Station (CLS) technician in Pacific City, OR. Some level of experience with subsea fiber optic systems, terrestrial fiber optic systems, power feeding equipment, test equipment, and general telecommunications technologies is necessary. Excellent opportunity for an experienced technician wanting to live and work on the Oregon coast.
The main purpose of this job is to ensure the network operates at optimum levels at all times; provide service delivery in the fulfillment of customer order processing and management, customer interaction, designing circuits, assigning network resources to customer orders, network element activation, oversight of the end-to-end delivery process. Tracking, monitoring, and resolving customer or network reported issues. Work involves network element configuration updates, re-boots, and or another form of restoration activities. Work may also include troubleshooting and diagnostics to identify and isolate problems; design, optimize, and upgrade telecommunications and or data networks; provide sales support by providing planning and technical support during the presales process; engage with the operations teams to provide support in both the delivery of services and trouble-shooting of network or customer related issues. Proactive and reactive monitoring of the network for faults, alarms, etc. This position works in a 24/7 Network Operations Center and requires the incumbent to be willing/able to work any of the shifts.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Proactive and reactive monitoring of the network for faults, alarms, etc. with a focus on service assurance. Ensuring network reliability and uptime, coordinating restoration activities, network configuration management (version control, software/hardware upgrades, etc.). The fulfillment of customer orders; order processing and management, customer interaction, designing circuits, assigning network resources to customer orders, network element activation, oversight of the end-to-end delivery process.
• Tier 1 and 2 support: Tracking, monitoring, and resolving customer or network-reported issues. Demand for this work is generated by either customer calls or by network-reported alarms and faults. Work involves network element configuration updates, re-boots, and/or another form of restoration activities. Also includes the need for troubleshooting and diagnostics to identify and isolate problems
• Provide support to Telecom Carrier, Long Haul, and Submarine Cable Networks.
• Work may involve configuring network elements, designing circuits, supervising service delivery, troubleshooting issues including restoration activities, coordination with vendors, etc., as needed
• Provides support for network reliability and uptime, may be required to coordinate restoration activities, network configuration management (version control, software/hardware upgrades, etc.).
• Work may involve developing design and/or engineering packages and specifications,
developing implementation projects, work orders, managing implementation of such projects
including vendor management, budget, and timeline management, hands-on configuration or
build activities, as needed.
• May be required to participate in planning and technical support during the pre-sales
process, assisting in the design of customer solutions, providing costs and time frame
estimates, preparing drawings or design documents, or otherwise providing needed support
during a sales effort.
• Maintenance and repair of transport, power, security, and other supporting systems.
• Accountability - Ability to plan, organize, measure, and coordinate multiple tasks to deliver
the budget for the product line, revenue, and profit.
• Adaptability - Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
• Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
• Creative - Ability to think in such a way as to produce a new concept or idea.
• Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
• Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related
• Self Motivated - Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of one's ability
using his or her own drive or initiative.
• Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within
• Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
Associate's Degree in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering or a related field. An equivalent
combination of training and experience may be substituted for the degree requirements on a year for
year basis. Plus, four (4) years of experience in network management and administration including
system configuration, setup, troubleshooting, planning, designing, implementation, and user support;
experience supporting telecommunications equipment. Must have experience with SONET, OTN,
and Fiber Optic Networking.