|At KLJ, we love engineering, moving forward, and bringing ideas to life. Our work is more than a project, it's a long-term solution for the communities in which we live and work. We are committed to providing an exceptional experience to our customers – every project, every time. We reimagine what projects can be through innovative planning, design, and support of infrastructure projects of all shapes and sizes. Join our team and reimagine what your career can be.
*This position may be located in: Bismarck, ND; Dickinson, ND; Billings, MT; or Bozeman, MT*
Perform a variety of technical, design, and GIS/CAD duties related to the design of outside plant (OSP) telecommunication projects including the design/layout of fiber, preparation of engineering drawings, interaction with customers/developers and field audits.
• Assist with design, plans, specifications, reports, maps, schedules, estimates, data collection, and documents and agreements as needed
• Use GIS/CAD software and equipment to prepare and revise technical drawings using company established standard procedures
• Provide quality control by reviewing work completed by other technicians to ensure compliance with KLJ quality standards
• Communicate consistently with the project manager and client
• Prepare printed plans and specifications and construction books
• Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to operate motorized vehicles
• Become familiar with the plans and specifications, maps, and related material for each project and be able to utilize the information appropriately
• Assist with correspondence, legal descriptions and easements, permits, bid and estimate forms, agreements, and project files and closeouts
• Keep up-to-date with CAD equipment, software, and training to improve CAD efficiency and accuracy
• An Associate degree in telecommunications, drafting technology or a related field
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, ESRI GIS and CAD systems
• Ability to participate in field site meetings with developers, customers, and local agencies
• Prefer previous experience in fiber design and construction management including understanding of aerial, underground, OSP fiber and substructure design
• Knowledge of telephone industry standards, local telecom practices and procedures, local city state and governmental rules and regulations
• Experience with OSP database applications
Hours and Travel
This position requires the individual work 40+ hours per week with 50% of time spent in the office and 50% in the field.
The physical demands described represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
The employee is regularly required to:
• Sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl
• Use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms
• Talk or hear and communicate clearly
The employee must:
• Be able to walk on uneven terrain up to three miles per day
• Frequently lift and move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 75 pounds
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The hourly rate for this position is expected to range from $22 to $27/hour depending on experience.
All applicants must be authorized to work in the US. KLJ does not sponsor applicants for employment-based visas.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Job Closing Date: 8/2/2018