MANAGER, INTERNAL AUDIT
Newport Beach, CA
Mobilitie is the largest privately held wireless infrastructure company in the United States. Connectivity is a vital component of daily life, and Mobilitie works with wireless carriers and venues to ensure our customers are better connected. Mobilitie is a leader in the wireless industry, and has been rated one of the largest and fastest growing private companies by the Orange County Business Journal. Mobilitie owns and operates cell towers, DAS, small cell, fiber networks, and Wi-Fi systems and advises carriers on network operations, performance and improvement opportunities. As a global provider of complete wireless solutions, we design, build and operate networks and infrastructure to deliver optimal coverage in the most demanding and challenging of environments.
Rated as one of the Top 100 Technology Providers by Broadband Communities, Mobilitie is on the forefront of mobile technology and growing rapidly. At Mobilitie you will have the opportunity for a rewarding career in telecommunications, focusing on solutions that deliver the coverage needed in today’s world and that anticipate the needs of tomorrow. We are currently seeking highly motivated and dynamic individuals to join the Mobilitie team and the largest network deployment initiative in the US.
The Manager of Internal Audit, as a member of the Company’s Internal Audit team, is responsible for performing various internal audit projects, from start to finish, as part of the total internal audit plan in conformance with professional standards at the Direction of the CFO. This responsibility includes developing internal audit scope, performing internal audit procedures, and drafting internal audit reports reflecting the results of the work performed. This will include coverage of functional and operating units, focusing on key operational, financial and IT processes. Additionally, the Senior Internal Auditor performs follow-up on the status of outstanding internal audit issues, also assist the Internal Audit team with the development of the annual internal audit plan, performance of an annual company-wide risk assessment and champion internal control and corporate governance concepts throughout the business. The Manager, Internal Audit may, at times, direct and review the work performed by other internal audit personnel, including resources from a co-sourcing firm.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct assigned audit engagements successfully from beginning to end, according to the internal audit plan approved by the Company’s Management team. Engagements are risk-based and include Operational, Financial, Compliance, IT, Advisory and Investigative examinations.
- Perform audit procedures and prepare work papers that summarize data pertinent to the assigned audit.
- Analyze and evaluate data and documentation.
- Identify internal control, accounting, non-compliance or other operational or financial issues and develops value-added recommendations for resolution to management.
- Conduct appropriate research to develop findings and formulate recommendations in connection with audits and special projects.
- Conduct interviews, review documents, develop and administer surveys (where applicable) and perform data analytics.
- Evaluate audit findings and prepare preliminary and final audit reports and exhibits.
- Participate in the completion of an annual company-wide risk assessment and development of the audit plan.
- Represent the Company in audit matters related to vendors, suppliers, and other third parties, on an as directed basis.
- Keep abreast of company policies and procedures, current developments in accounting and auditing professions, and changes in applicable local, state and federal laws.
- Serve as a department representative with all levels of management, and business owners to discuss audit plans, issues, reports, and recommendations.
- Build management relationships by demonstrating professionalism, a facilitative communication style and constructive responses to auditee needs.
- Maintain positive interpersonal relationships with Internal Audit Department team members, External Auditors and others by demonstrating productivity, initiative, willingness to learn, flexibility, respect, and cooperation.
- Perform necessary travel to Company locations to complete Audit work (approximately 15-20%).
- Work with cross-functional teams to develop the strategy to identify needs/issues and develop the detailed work plans, procedures and schedules to ensure timely and efficient implementation
- Work in close collaboration with multiple stakeholders in the identification of functional, organizational and/or procedural issues and bring about swift solutions.
- Additional Duties, as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in accounting or related field, CPA or CIA preferred.
- Minimum ten (10) years-experience in auditing (Internal Audit or Public Accounting).
- Strong understanding of internal auditing standards, COSO Internal Control Integrated Framework and risk assessment practices.
- Solid understanding of compliance risk management and best practices.
- Understanding of general computer controls is preferred.
- Excellent communication and time-management skills.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, problem solving, project management and organizational skills.
- Strong personal computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio).
- Experience in using SharePoint preferred.
- Experience with an ERP solutions preferred (JD Edwards a plus).
- Self-directed, requiring minimal supervision.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of management and line staff personnel.
- Good listener and able to work well in a team setting.
Mobilitie offers an attractive compensation and benefits package and the opportunity to be part of an exciting and fast paced organization. If you are interested in working in the exciting and growing world of telecommunications real estate, please submit an application at Mobilitie’s Careers page!
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Mobilitie is an equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans)
Visit our website at www.mobilitie.com!