|The DAS RF ENGINEER, under direction of the VP of Engineering, performs RF engineering design, supports field construction, and assists in various phases of projects. The DAS RF ENGINEER is responsible for the analysis, design and optimization of in-building wireless networks. Responsibilities include Distributed Antenna System (DAS) design, link budget analysis, propagation analysis, optimization and support. The DAS RF ENGINEER has a solid understanding and working knowledge of antenna systems, cellular systems and radio theory in general. The DAS RF ENGINEER must demonstrate total sufficiency in performing all required tasks of a DAS RF Engineer, as well as leadership in both technical and administrative/managerial duties.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
1. Bachelor of Science Degree from a 4 -year college in Electrical Engineering (BSEE);
2. 0-4 years of related RF DAS experience;
3. In-depth knowledge in radio frequency propagation;
4. iBwave experience;
5. Excellent oral communication skills;
6. Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word & Excel);
7. Ability to read and understand design plans;
8. Must be able to travel 15%~20% of the time;
9. Proficiency in reviewing carrier/customer provided scope documents.
1. Complete site surveys to identify RF coverage requirements and equipment locations;
2. RF system design and propagation modeling;
3. Link budget analysis, design criteria and traffic analysis;
4. Understand, interpret and modify radio system designs for field deployment;
5. Commission and program various RF system components – Bi-Directional Amplifiers (BDA’s), and Fiber Optic Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS’) from multiple manufacturers;
6. Integrate and commission DAS systems and take key post-installation RF measurements for project documentation.
1. Efficiently lead and manage installations, be able to delegate responsibilities to others and make sure project is completed on time;
2. Ability to train field technicians to perform installations and site surveys;
3. Assist with preparation of basic design packages;
4. Assist with estimation of material and labor quotes for design packages;
5. Responsible for providing complete project close out information, including (but not limited to): customer acceptance/sign off, equipment serial numbers, equipment locations, cable sweep tests, photo documentation and readings;
6. Utilize various RF measurement tools – Fiber Testing Tools, Spectrum Analyzers, Cellular Test Phones, and JDSU/Agilent RF Field Measurement tools;
7. Responsible for the on-field life-cycle of assigned system projects. Supervise a team of field technicians and participate in systems implementation.